California-Los Angeles

DESPERATELY NEED A DJ STAT!!

Hi Ladies,

Anyone that can help with DJ referrals I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm getting married in the San Fernando Valley May 2011 and I need an affordable DJ for a Sunday afternoon wedding. Please let me know your suggestions. Thanks!

Re: DESPERATELY NEED A DJ STAT!!

• heath1026heath1026 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My friend referred me to Rick Borja.  They used him at their wedding and really enjoyed him.  Here's his website with his contact info:

http://www.borjaentertainment.com/

Good luck!

• lusygoosy06lusygoosy06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both my cousins used Matt Kabel (owner of Al Lampkin Entertainment) for their weddings, and he was awesome!  Both my cousin said he far exceeded their expectations.  So, my fiance and I are actually booking him for our September 2011 wedding as well :-)  Tell him Rica recommended you.  He knows our family :-)

Here's thier website - http://www.allampkin.com/index.html. His rates start at $895, which is super affordable.  And I'm sure you can negotiate an even better rate, since your wedding will be on a Sunday.

Best of luck fellow bride!
  • edited December 2011
    What's affordable to you?

We used Anthony from Feet First Entertainment. He was great. People danced almost the whole night, and we had a small wedding. It was under $1000, I know.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • ShabyKittyShabyKitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd reccomend DJ Lee Dyson from Hey Mister DJ: heymisterdj.com

I'm not sure of your budget but he seems totally worth it from what I can tell. I can't find one review less than 5 stars for this guy.

I already booked him!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Your wedding is in May 2011 and you're ordering for a dj with a subject of STAT???
    Anyway, I recommend Tom Chandler from California Sounds.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • chiweeweechiweewee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Tom Chandler also. He's fabulous!
  • edited January 2012

Although I never booked Tom Chandler, I can vouch how professional he was.  Such an all around great guy, and he's all about maintaining his reputation because word of mouth brings him continued business. 
  • jaswrxjaswrx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just sent you a message!
  • ditasweetditasweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Hollywood Party Rockers and they were awesome!  I worked directly with the owner, Nader, and he was amazing..very professional and accomodated every request we had.  I highly recommend them! Here's their website:
    http://www.hollywoodpartyrockers.com/
    Good luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards