California-Inland Empire

Wedding Dress Shopping

Its about that time!  Time for me to head out and start trying on dresses... problem is, I have no idea where to start!  Any ideas? Also I have no idea how much wedding gowns cost??? It doesn't really matter, but I guess I just want to get an idea before I start looking and end up falling in love with a dress that I cannot afford haha

Re: Wedding Dress Shopping

• edited December 2011
    If you go to your "My Knot" area there is a budgeting tool there. You put in the budget of your entire wedding and it will break down costs for you in every category...venue, attire, flowers, cake, etc.

Dresses can cost $100 all the way up to over $20k! It really depends on your budget. The first place I went was David's Bridal because they have a decent selection and very reasonable prices. I really liked two dresses from there...one was $300 the other was $750. I ended up seeing a dress on a girl in my photog's blog and loved it. I figured out the designer, found a store that carried that designer, at got it =) The store was Mariposa Boutique in Anaheim. It is a little far but it was worth it to me. I recommend them. They have a rather large selection of dresses starting in the $700ish range up to 3k I believe. There is also a little place in Murrieta over by Siggy's. I can't remember the name but it is across the street from Siggy's next to an auto shop. The lady there was awesome too. Their prices were the same as Mariposa's.

• edited December 2011
    I've been to Mariposa before for a bridesmaids dress and I did like it.  I have a budget for my wedding, but my mom said not to budget in my dress because in her words "it doesn't really matter what it costs" (did I mention my mom is a MOM-zilla!) It definitely doesn't mean I get a $10k dress but I just wanted to kind of get an idea of where to start.  I think I'll make an appointment at Mariposa... There is another place in Pasadena that carries a designer that  i LOVE LOVE LOVE but we'll see =/  Can't I just win the lotto???
  • edited December 2011

The dress I really, really wanted was 4k =/ That was over my budget. I almost went and tried it on but I knew if I feel in love, I would get it! lol. I wish I could win the lotto too!

I say go to the place in Pasadena since they carry the designer you love. Who is the designer?

• edited December 2011
    Rosa Clara... I actually really love her two by Rosa Clara line http://www.rosaclara.es/iniciorc

She's a spanish designer and her dresses are basically everything that I want in a dress... Im sure she's insanely expensive though =(
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm sure she is up there in price.

Have you looked at Paloma Blanca dresses? They are somewhat similar...and probably less expensive.

• edited December 2011
    Oh ill check it out!  There are a few other dresses I like to so I'm gonna go check them out this weekend... I found out the Rosa Clara gowns are anywhere from 1200-2500... I guess its not THAT bad but we'll see what I end up liking.  Its a lot differnet looking at dresses online and then actually trying them on
  • edited December 2011
    Oh. They are a lot less expensive than they look! The Paloma Blanca dresses are in the same price range.

Keep me updated. I love looking at wedding dress pictures =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards