Pre-wedding Parties

Passion Party - Bachelorette

Hey guys! I have a question about the bachelorette party. I am a Co-MOH with someone else who I am kinda close with. She wants to do a Passion party (basically sex toy tupperware party) for the bachelorette party and I have never heard of this happening. This girl always wants to have a passion party, and is always trying to convince us to do one. I am extrememly uncomfortable with this idea, and so are a few of the other bridesmaids. We are all pretty young (21), and don't chat about our sex lifes or anything like that so I don't really know where this is coming from. The idea of someone coming to the bachelorette party and selling stuff to everyone, including the bride, doesnt really make sense to me. I'm all for going in on a racy gift, but the idea of the bachelorette party being someone selling stuff to us, people who arent like "oo!! sex toys yes please!" Can someone please try to explain it before I approach the other Co-MOH with my opinion?

Re: Passion Party - Bachelorette

• edited January 2012
    Your gut instinct is correct. Passion, Tupperware, Pampered Chef parties are a slick marketing technique aimed a increasing sales. Your friends will be herded into one place and pressured to buy over priced items for the bride as she looks on. To me, it just plain rude.

Aside from that, some of your friends seem to be uncomfortable with the nature of the products. They will either have to turn down the invitation or suffer through naughty jokes about vibrators and massage oils, since that will be the focus of the party.

One more point, I thought a bp was supposed to be a night out for the bride and her friends, not a gift giving occasion.

Definitely veto the idea. If the other MOH is just looking for  an excuse to have that type of party, she should have one herself and not disguise it as an event for the bride.

• My cousin had one of these.  Actually, we bought stuff for ourselves if we wanted something and according to how much was spent the bride received discounts on things she wanted.  There are many things in Passion party pamphlet that really are not sex toys.  Yes, the giant rabbit will come out of the bag but you don't need to buy it, for yourself or anyone else.  Then after eating, drinking and passing around interesting things we went out and partied to the wee hours of the morning.

My suggestion is to find out if this is something the bride wants to participate in.  If not, then it should be skipped.
  • Your gut instinct is correct. Passion, Tupperware, Pampered Chef parties are a slick marketing technique aimed a increasing sales. Your friends will be herded into one place and pressured to buy over priced items for the bride as she looks on. To me, it just plain rude.

I agree!
    Even if people buy things for themselves, it's still a crappy marketing technique. A bachelorette party is neither the time nor the place to be pressured into buying anything.
  • Hey guys! Thank you so much for your responses, I really didn't know if I was just crazy or this sounded like a bad idea for my group. Currently the other Co-MOH isn't talking to me and won't respond to my messages and suggestions of other ideas, but I am sure that will pass.. hopefully!
  • Hopefully she'll get over it. You can always pull out of the planning process and take the bride out on a different night as an alternative.
  • I think when it comes to a disagreement with planning a bridal shower or bachelorette party that the majority should rule.  If most of the bridal party is uncomfortable and doesn't like the idea of a passion party for the bachelorette then I think it would be obvious to everyoone that it isn't a good idea. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards