Florida-West Coast

Wish this was easier to navigate!! Help!

oh how i wish it were easier to sort through all of these 1000's of message boards!  we will be married in the tampa/clearwater area in february 2014.  Will be a destination wedding for me since I live in Missouri.  I am having a VERY hard time narrowing down or even sorting through all of these many venue sites and recommendations. I know this will take time
9he just proposed last week!)...but i could use some strategy at how to best sort all of the options.

date: mid-february 2014
size: 25-50
location: must have access to beautiful beach site, palm/large trees and/or a private pool/reception area would be a great add
budget: $-$$; don't want to spend more than 3k to 5k for everything.  i have my own officiant.
privacy: as much as possible
stress level: little to none please!!

could use your thoughts and expertise on how to best start planning.  i don't believe i can afford a wedding planner.

Thanks and I am glad to join the board!

Re: Wish this was easier to navigate!! Help!

• Hi there!

Congratulations and welcome to the board!  You'd be surprised at how much you will learn by reading the blogs and doing research on your own.  In no time, you'll have a better grasp on your planning and it won't seem as overwhelming!  The checklist here is amazing and very helpful so check that out when you get the chance. 

The West Coast blog is a great place to be.  Reading what other brides have to say is really helpful and will give you an insight on vendors, locations, and so on. 

Check out Weddings on a Whim:  www.weddingsonawhim.com.  I have read great things about them, but you might want to read any reviews in the Top Vendor section.  You may want to contact a wedding coordinator for just the day of your wedding.  I was surprised to learn that they are not as expensive as I had originally thought. 

I hope this helps!  Happy planning!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thank you so much...i am having a better day today...just had to take some of those first  "steps"

this will be fun :)
  • Welcome! You can married on the beach  at Sand Key state park or on Clearwater beach and have the reception at  Clearwater sailing center or clearwater rec center, both should be in your budget. You could also check out island way grill, with your party size you could have a nice reception there and stay in your budget
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards