Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Lingerie for a 34D?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good place to shop for lingerie that would fit a 34D? I was told at Victoria's Secret yesterday that they only make sizes up to 36C. That seems silly...

Re: Lingerie for a 34D?

• Options
    try the VS website bc that IS the silliest thing I've ever heard.  also, fredericks makes some things for more ample girls too.
  • Options
    I just checked the website and that's so not true. Maybe they don't sell that size in the store? But I find that hard to believe too. I would look again or try a department store, they actually have some very cute and sexy styles for all sizes.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Try fredericks. They have some great stuff.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_lingerie-34d?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:ee84fc26-d589-4748-a475-13c2cd60f2d7Post:8d0ffc44-7a33-4f77-9eba-2eebe5e59c21">Re: Lingerie for a 34D?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I just checked the website and that's so not true. Maybe they don't sell that size in the store?</strong> But I find that hard to believe too. I would look again or try a department store, they actually have some very cute and sexy styles for all sizes.
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they tend not to stock every style in every size, and it's usually the larger sizes that get screwed. Check their website.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I work at VS, and we do carry your size, just a lot of the time, we don't have it in-store. Shop our website for better luck, and be sure to check out your local store, it should have a bridal display up this month, with pale pink, blue, and white options.

Also, the sales associate should have told you your "twin size". It's a fitting trick to use when you can't find your regular size. Go up a band size and down a cup size, so since you're a 34D you should try a 36C-- it could fit really well!

HTH!
  • Options
    I do NOT recommend Fredericks.  I wear either a 32D or 34C and there I tried on a 36DD and it was still WAY too small.  There was just so much padding I looked like a fool.  That was just for their bras.  The rest of the stuff is cute and cheap.
  • Options
    Try Fredericks. I'm a 36F and they even accomidate me :) And all their padding is removable
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_lingerie-34d?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:ee84fc26-d589-4748-a475-13c2cd60f2d7Post:948f1c28-d33c-45ad-8ccc-2a6ceda7e703">Re: Lingerie for a 34D?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I work at VS, and we do carry your size, just a lot of the time, we don't have it in-store. Shop our website for better luck, and be sure to check out your local store, it should have a bridal display up this month, with pale pink, blue, and white options. Also, the sales associate should have told you your "twin size". It's a fitting trick to use when you can't find your regular size. Go up a band size and down a cup size, so since you're a 34D you should try a 36C-- it could fit really well! HTH!
    Posted by rmdewey[/QUOTE]

<div>How does that work? Won't the band be too big and the cup too small?</div>
  • Options
    NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lingerie for a 34D? : How does that work? Won't the band be too big and the cup too small?
    Posted by ag2037[/QUOTE]

I have no idea how, but it works for me with certain bras.  I'm a 34D also, but my twin size 36C will fit me in a full coverage bra but something like a demi bra usually doesn't work. 
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    I'm a 34D also, and I often buy bras at VS, so their sales clerk clearly didn't know what she was talking about. Also, La Perla has beautiful options.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    edited July 2010

On a 36 vs. a 34 size band, it's not just how long the band is to go around the body, it's also wider from top to bottom which makes it shaped differently to fit the larger body. Since the band is designed for a larger size, it is able to counteract the cup size being smaller between a C vs. D. It's simple math, and simple clothes construction sense. They equal each other out. I normally wear a 38C, but can wear a 40B or 36D comfortably.

There's also impossible for your body to wear the same size in different style bras...if every bra you own is one size, chances are, one-two of them don't fit properly.

• Options
    I agree with Robin.  I am a 32D which is next to impossible to find in a store.  I usually shop at VS and have bras that are 32D, 34C, and even34D depending on the style. 
  • Options
    The twin size thing works well for lingerie that you don't wear all of the time. However, if you're looking for an everyday bra, you should wear whatever you're measured to. 

You can go up in band size and down in cup letter to net the same actual cup size because the cup size dictated by the letter is dependent upon the number. ie, a B cup at 32 is not the same as a B cup at 38.  So, you will find that you have about the same amount of room in a 34D and 36C, but the fit may be a little different.

The VS's around me have started to carry a lot more of the bigger sizes. I've found a few bras, in specific styles, in my size(32DD) in store. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards