Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Vendor Reviews

Hi, Ladies!

It's been sooo long! I got married back in June and actually wrote the reviews up as soon as I came home from the honeymoon. I had an outstanding issue with a vendor, so I wanted that to play out before I posted my reviews.

Please feel free to hit me up for any follow-up questions! I am more than happy to furnish more info about my negative enounters, too.

Reception: Edgewood Country Club,  B

Great space, great food. Largest drawback was the communication from the banquet coordinator. I heard raving reviews about him, but had a different experience. It would take days for him to return phone calls through my planning process. The most frustrating time was one week prior to the wedding; I could not get hold of him to finalize everything and he wasn’t responding to phone calls or emails.

Ceremony Venue: Heinz Chapel, A++++

The staff was amazing. Truly amazing. Husband and I both felt that our coordinator there genuinely cared about the event. Additionally, the organist was great. At the last minute, he accommodated a last minute addition. The coordinator did a standup job coordinating a surprise for my husband. They were great from top to bottom.

Dress: MB Bride, A-

Overall a good experience. Upon my first fitting for alterations, the seamstress didn’t speak English well and so we had communication challenges. The manager did step in and make everything right from there out.

Bridesmaid Dresses: Bridal Beginning, C

The sales transaction was fine, not overly helpful, but polite. However, upon subsequent interactions, I found them to be rude over the phone.

Flowers: Valerie Brooks, C-

She didn’t deliver on the vision I had. The bridal bouquets were fine (just peonies) and they were in good shape. She didn’t provide the specific color for the men’s boutonnieres that I ordered. I had ordered a vase of flowers for the chapel to memorialize our family that has passed away; it was not there. She said I cancelled that, which I don’t have any recollection of doing. The centerpieces were VERY underwhelming; they were not the size and volume that we had discussed. I didn’t have her do mock pieces, which I definitely should have. 

Photographer #1: Joanne Barton, F

Encountered severe communication issues and we terminated the contract with only a few months left before the wedding. She was very rude, unresponsive, disrespectful, and unprofessional to us.

Photographer #2, Jennifer Detar, D

A talented photographer, but in my opinion,  needs more experience to command her prices.  She produced a few fabulous shots, but most were not that great. She does not manage people well during the event.  She was MIA during our reception several times. My two bridesmaids had to go find her and bring her to the action. She didn’t get more than three pictures of my parents (staged or candid).  After I received the final photos from her, I sent a list of +10 objective reasons I was dissatisfied and she basically told me that I received some good pictures and that’s enough. My satisfaction meant nothing to her.

Limo: Tortice Limo, A-

All was fine. Only complaint was that the vehicle that drove us home was nothing more than a black SUV (nothing luxurious or even a working stereo.)

Officiate: Jeff Liebmann, A

Jeff was easy going from day one through the end.  He had a workbook to help create the perfect ceremony, which was helpful. He was on time for the rehearsal and time ceremony.

Musicians: Christina Chirumbolo and band, A+

I had a cocktail hour and they played during the reception.  A jazz combo, they did a nice job and Christina is an amazing performer! She’s very lively and her experience really shines.

Makeup: Makeup by Sasha, A+

I didn’t have a trial run with her because I changed my plans only a few weeks before the wedding. Sasha did a wonderful job! She captured my vision perfectly and it lasted all night long.

Hair: Salon on the Green (Angie), A+

I had a great trial run, we really figured out exactly what I wanted. She took the time to also talk to me about my veil because I was up in the air about it. The day of, she did a perfect job with my updo.  She also did my sister’s hair after and did a beautiful job.

Re: Vendor Reviews

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ugh, so sorry to hear about your vendor issues (especially with the photographers).

also, ygpm!
  • edited December 2011

I remember when you had issues with the photographers,,, sorry to hear the second photographer didn't work out well either. It makes me so mad to think that vendors can be like that. It's their job, and you would think they would take some pride in it. I may not always like my job, but it's my job and I want to do it well. Sad to see others who don't seem to care.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @ Sarilynnep, I know! It's beyond frustrating bc they think there are so many other brides out there, who cares?! It's my hope that my reviews make a few planning couples reconsider these specific vendors.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recs - and all of the support along the way dealing with a certain reception coordinator! When time frees up you should try to do a newlywed shoot or trash the dress, would be less expensive than a wedding booking and worth it for some gorgeous pics - you deserve them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Britt0412Britt0412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with vendors. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your detailed reviews!
  • edited December 2011
    We are planning to book Heinz Chapel for April 2013- any tips on reserving your #1 date and time. Did you have any trouble reserving the date you wanted? Thank you for your review! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @ FutureMrsK...I totally lucked out with HC. I called mid-month of the month for the following year (so I called mid-June 2010 for a June 2011 date). They had two openings left. So I based my wedding date on that :-)

My approach is pretty unheard of, haha. I've heard about girls dialing in like crazy and getting multiple people to join the efforts on the that first day of the month.

best of luck getting your desired date and time slot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards