Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Vendor Reviews

I got married ten days ago, on the 9th, and while I was planning the wedding I used the Knot community board a lot to get ideas.  Even though I didn't post a lot I did find the vendor reviews to be very helpful so I wanted to post my own reviews to help someone else with their planning.

The Gatehouse:  we looked at other places but chose the Gatehouse because it had really nice grounds, a good sized dancing floor,  good food reviews and a beautiful ceremony area.  What really sealed the deal for me though was Laura, the wedding coordinator there.  At other places when I talked to people I felt as if I was imposing on them, Laura never made me feel like that.  She was very enthusiastic about my ideas and encouraged me to add personal touches to the wedding.  I felt very comfortable working with her and the day of the wedding she helped us out with some final details.  Afterwards I got many compliments on just how nice the Gatehouse was and how comfortable everyone felt there. 

Bray Danielle Photography:  I initially chose her because she had photographed a friend of mine's wedding and I'd liked what I'd seen.  I definitely made the right choice!  I got her to come to the rehearsal dinner as well as the wedding and, while I haven't seen my pictures yet, I'm sure she got some great ones.  She was really easy to work with,  she got the pictures she wanted without being intrusive and when she asked us to pose she got her pictures taken quickly and let us get back to the reception.   She was really good natured about all the family "helping" and even laughed a little when one of my aunts started posing me and telling her what pictures to take. 

Instant Photo Memories:  they are a company out of New Orleans that unfortunately don't have a website right now but I can give you their info if anyone is interested.  They came to the Gatehouse and for two hours took unlimited pictures and put them on photo magnets.  Everyone who was in the picture got a magnet to take home right then.  I had collected a lot of props and my guests had a great time goofing around and posing.  There was a line the whole time they were there and I got a lot of compliments on how much fun they were.

I would recommend any of these vendors without hesitation.  I hope this helps someone with their planning!

-The New Mrs. Faust

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So was this pretty expensive? I know that's a pretty relative question... I'm looking to keep everything around $10k, and budgeting a reception for 150 and Bray Danielle photography seemed to suck up most of the expenses.
  • Options
    nattiemay14nattiemay14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering if you have any reviews to give for your cake, florist, and dj??

Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards