Wedding Etiquette Forum

Happy Election Day! Please answer my poll

Are you going to vote today?
Will you vote in every race/proposition?
Are you going to watch the returns etc?

Yay for Democracy!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy Election Day! Please answer my poll

• Are you going to vote today? Yes.

Will you vote in every race/proposition? I usually do.

Are you going to watch the returns etc? Nah.  I've got too much to do this afternoon, so I probably won't keep up with it until tomorrow morning when paper gets to work.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Yes, Yes and Yes...my FI is very political and so is his family..election day is an event. I just go along with it- lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yes x 3

I also wanted to remind my husband to vote, but he was fast asleep this morning, so I wedged his voter registration card between his wallet, car keys and wedding ring. Think he'll get the hint?
  • YES YES AND YES.

Well actually no to the first question, early voting here so I actually voted two weeks ago and got a chicken sandwich afterwards to reward myself. 
  • Are you going to vote today? Yes ma'am!

Will you vote in every race/proposition? Yes ma'am! :)

Are you going to watch the returns etc? Likely. We're voting on a new Governor for the state of MI and this is going to be big.
  • Are you going to vote today? No (much to the chagrin of my mother) because of name change/address change issues.

Will you vote in every race/proposition? n/a

Are you going to watch the returns etc? maybe after we watch the season finale of Season 4 of Dexter which is coming tonight from Netflix ;-)
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Are you going to vote today? already did
    Will you vote in every race/proposition? yep
    Are you going to watch the returns etc? no; I'm so glad this election season is finally over, and I didn't like either candidate for governor, so me waiting until the morning to find out is no biggy
  • edited November 2010
    Absolu-freaking-tely to all 3!
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Are you going to vote today? No, I forgot to update my voter registration. This will be my first missed election since I turned 18.
    Will you vote in every race/proposition? Normally I would.
    Are you going to watch the returns etc? I'll still watch because I want to know how things turn out.

Yay for Democracy! Ditto that!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Are you going to vote today?  Yeppers
    Will you vote in every race/proposition?  Yes but I have to read up on some stuff.
    Are you going to watch the returns etc?  I'm going to sleep on the couch tonight probably so I can have a steady stream feed of results.

HOORAY FOR ELECTION DAY!
  • I'm not voting today, for the first time since I was old enough.  I can not stand anyone running in any of the races here, and I'm not going to vote FOR someone just to vote AGAINST someone else. 
  • Are you going to vote today?
    Yes I already did.

Will you vote in every race/proposition?
    Every one that was on the ballot, yes.

Are you going to watch the returns etc?
    Yep. Obviously I'm interested in my own state, but there are a couple others that I am morbidly curious about. 

Yay for Democracy!
    AGREED! I love voting.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Are you going to vote today? Yep I did this morning
    Will you vote in every race/proposition? I didn't vote in some of the judge races and anyone running unopposed I didn't bother voting for
    Are you going to watch the returns etc? Possibly for the senate seat and mayor race
  • Are you going to vote today?  I voted early.
    Will you vote in every race/proposition?    Yes - all 13 pages of the ballot.  :)
    Are you going to watch the returns etc?  Probably not.
    Anniversary
  • TR - I guess you won't be voting for the witch (or is she not a witch?  she's you?)

I have to figure out when to vote, but just researched who to vote for.

I always pick at least someone/something to vote for.

We won't be watching the returns, unless they interrupt whatever we're watching.
  • I am sure slower lower will take care of voting for the witch.
  • Are you going to vote today?  I voted last week by mail in ballot.
    Will you vote in every race/proposition?  I did, yes.
    Are you going to watch the returns etc?  I might flip it on for a minute or two, but I won't watch the whole thing.
  • Never miss an election, H & I will both be voting today.

Yup, all races.

I'll watch the results tonight after I'm done w/ my DVR of Sons of Anarchy.

DAYTON FOR GOVERNOR!!! :-)
  • Are you going to vote today? NO  (first time ever not voting, but I honestly do not like a single candidate)

Will you vote in every race/proposition? n/a

Are you going to watch the returns etc? no.  But then  news only runs at 7pm which is when the polls are closing.  There is not even a morning newscast, so we will find out from the newspaper tomorrow morning.

Yay for Democracy!

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-election-day-please-answer-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a2acd252-ce24-4350-a44f-4b0c0f808dbaPost:1ab69228-945b-4c35-bd9f-239f5d0a2c2a">Re: Happy Election Day! Please answer my poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you going to vote today? already did Will you vote in every race/proposition? yep Are you going to watch the returns etc? no; I'm so glad this election season is finally over, and I didn't like either candidate for governor, so me waiting until the morning to find out is no biggy
    Posted by sarabellam[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we'll basically lose either way.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-election-day-please-answer-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a2acd252-ce24-4350-a44f-4b0c0f808dbaPost:a07911a1-5243-430e-a863-1828f6ea004e">Re: Happy Election Day! Please answer my poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Never miss an election, H & I will both be voting today. Yup, all races. I'll watch the results tonight after I'm done w/ my DVR of Sons of Anarchy. DAYTON FOR GOVERNOR!!! :-)
    Posted by golden1215[/QUOTE]

wooot!  Dayton is getting my vote today!!!!
  • I'm not. I don't have all my papers in order for Wisconsin yet, and I know I could register at the polls, but I don't even have enough info to prove to them that I live here.

I'm also pretty disillusioned about the whole thing at this point. I don't feel like we can trust anything that's on any of the news networks, and I hate how this whole midterm thing has become a pack of nasty mudslinging and lies. So no.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • edited November 2010
    Yes to all 3 -  I honestly think that the race for governor could go either way, so I'm really intrigued to see how it turns out.
  • 1. Ja
    2. Oui
    3. Si

• For the first time, I'm not voting.  I can't stomach Dayton's monetary ideas, and I absolutely loathe Emmer's social stances... not to mention his 2 DUIs. Either way, though, Pawlenty is gone so MN is better off.  Let's just hope he doesn't actually make it to the presidential race.  

Ditto whoever said they don't want to vote for someone just to vote against someone.

I will watch though for results tonight.
  • Yes yes and yes

I don't get the "I'm not voting because I don't like any of them" mentality. I mean, I DO get not liking any of the candidates. But to my mind at least there is still a difference between this one candidate isn't so great and this other candidate is against every single thing I value and stand for.

• Are you going to vote today? - I already mailed in my ballot a week ago. H is on his way to vote now.
    Will you vote in every race/proposition? - All propositions, yes. Also I voted for governor, senator, state senator, US representative, Lt. governor, and a few others. I left some of the judicial seats blank (the ones that were "Should Jim Jones be elected as ___ judge, yes__ no___." I didn't feel like researching those. Yeah, I suck.)
    Are you going to watch the returns etc? - Depends how much I have to do. Because so many people have voted by mail (around 1 million just in my county) and there are some close races, some things may not be decided until tomorrow or Thursday. That's usually how it is with the propositions.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I just got back from voting. I usually vote for everything, but today I voted for the bigger things where I had heard of at least one of the names. All the rest I left blank, but it was only the court judges, and my only option was the incumbent. I will try to watch the returns, but I work late tonight, so we'll see.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-election-day-please-answer-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a2acd252-ce24-4350-a44f-4b0c0f808dbaPost:2563f3d9-15cc-41db-8bd1-5d2468ee8d6e">Re: Happy Election Day! Please answer my poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Are you going to vote today? No (much to the chagrin of my mother) because of name change/address change issues.</strong> Will you vote in every race/proposition? n/a Are you going to watch the returns etc? maybe after we watch the season finale of Season 4 of Dexter which is coming tonight from Netflix ;-)
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Luckily for me, we have same day registration. I didn't even think of that until I got to the polls and they told me I wasn't registered.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-election-day-please-answer-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a2acd252-ce24-4350-a44f-4b0c0f808dbaPost:00d1e9d5-dfd7-49b3-b9ba-788b69a80eec">Happy Election Day! Please answer my poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you going to vote today? <strong>Yes.</strong><div> Will you vote in every race/proposition? <strong>Yes.</strong></div><div>Are you going to watch the returns etc? <strong>No, I have to work at my part time job tonight so I'll be busy.</strong></div><div>
    </div><div>Yay for Democracy!
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards