Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Photographer HELP!!!!!

Hey all - I could really use some help finding a photographer!  We need one for around (hopefully under) $3,000.  We are getting married on October 2, 2010.  The problem is that I am in Los Angeles and won't be back on the Cape until the summer.  This is the last of the BIG things that needs to be taken care of.  I just want someone who is talented, cool, and unobtrusive.  Any thoughts??????  Anyone I should avoid???????  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: Photographer HELP!!!!!

• edited December 2011
    We used Elizabeth Horne (www.elizabethhornephotography.com).  I highly recommend her - she was so great to work with and took fantastic photos!  Everything was online by the time we got home from the honeymoon and we got our proofs and digital images just a few weeks later.  Also, she's definitely within your budget.  Pics in bio if you'd like to take a look.  GL! :)
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Scott Metzger (www.metzgerstudios.com) and are so excited to work with him.  I found him on the Boston board, so you might try there as well for suggestions.  

Oh and he planned his own wedding cross country (San Francisco to Boston) so he will be sympathetic to your plight!  Great guy.

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    We are using Chris Cook, of Cook Photo. He is located in Dennis, and has really awesome photo journalistic approach. He is costing us just around $3000, but that includes two photographers.  He is so nice and has a great website and blog you can checkout. I was so impressed, when we met with him he had an album of a wedding he had shot at our location ready for us to view! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Elizabeth Horne-- I am really excited and think she will be great. I think she will actually at or just slightly over your budget though. I have heard good things about Kristin Young and she is definitely within your budget, but no personal experience.
  • edited December 2011
    we are looking into

elizabeth horne
    claudia kronenberg
    heather parker photography
    Irish *wife* on Nantucket, lovin' the island life with the love of my life! image
  • emh777emh777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow everyone, such a huge help!  Thank you all so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • koreana12koreana12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let me recommend Rob Strong!  I wished I could have used him, but he was busy on the day of our wedding.  His photos are really nice and he is in the price range.  He is so flexible and took so much time to talk to me even before we found out we couldn't work together.  He was prompt with calls and reliable.  His website is something like strong weddings.  Luckily I found another awesome photographer, but I'm still sad about not having him.  If anyone books him tell him that I recommended him!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    We used Amy Dykens, and I absolutely loved her.  She is so sweet and unobtrusive, but got every shot I wanted and was super creative. 
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Classic Photographers. They have a GREAT special going on right now where you can save a bunch and we got a 2nd photographer for no cost! www.classicphotographers.com

Good luck!!
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
  • cdream05cdream05 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Amanda Constidine her website is www.shoreshotz1.com. She has been great so far!  Very helpful and she has packages or you can tell her what you want a she will customize a package for you :)   I fell  in love with her pictures while looking at her website.  she is wonderful!
  • edited December 2011

We are using John LoConte and he is definitely under your budget. www.johnlophoto.com. He is a super sweet guy and does nice, unique work.  We didn't get engagement photos, but did meet with him and he seems very easy to work with.  He is more of a photojournalistic style and is Boston-based.  He will travel to the Cape for a minimal fee.

• edited December 2011
    As a wedding photographer, it was really important to me to get the best photos! We decided to go with Robin Falk out of Boston, she is great and you will get a lot for your budget...probably a lot more than you will with another Cape based photographer. 

robinfalk.com..beautiful stuff! 

Good Luck! 
    Anna
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards