Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Help! Can't find a Philly venue for Aug 2013 wedding...

I've been looking at venues for over a month now for an early August 2013 wedding for 200 people and haven't found anything I really like.  I looked at all the nicer hotels in Center City Philly but I don't like the dark ballrooms you find in most.  I did like the Marriott Downtown's ballroom since it has windows and a patio but the reviews on the hotel itself weren't that great.  I don't want something too big which is why I haven't looked at the Crystal Team Room and other similar venues.  The place I fell in love with was the Atrium at the Curtis Center but they are booked.  I'm also open to venues in South Jersey since that's where the ceremony will be but am not into the basic country club.  Anyone out there have any other suggestions?  I'm at a loss....

Re: Help! Can't find a Philly venue for Aug 2013 wedding...

• Here's a link for a few South Jersey venues.
    Look well lite!

http://www.dueamicinj.com/wedding-party-venues-halls-catering-south-jersey.html

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Did you check the Tendenza? I think that's how you spell it. A friend of mine just got married there and her pics were beautiful.  
    imageAnniversary
  • edited July 2012
    @BrideLaurenH:  Thank you. Some of these I've already looked into. 

@20perals16:  Thank you as well.  The Tendenza is already booked for my preferred dates. 
  • HI!  You can do a seaarch on partyspace!  Put in your date and follow locations!Have you looked at Racquet Club Philadelphia!  Amazing!  Such a pretty location  -
  • What about the merion? I actually decided not to go there because it was such a sunny ballroom. I know the irish men in my fam won't dance if they feel all eyes are on them. lol
  • @lshouper. Thank you.  I did come across the Racquet Club in one of my online searches. I just emailed their banquet manager there so we'll see.  I think I may have already used partyspace but I'll check it out again. 

@ccb150:  Hysterical!  I heard Merion is really nice but I'm not crazy about the location and that they have multiple weddings there at a time.   

• I also fell in love with the Atrium but they were booked.  We are now at the Loews -- 33rd floor + Millenium Ballroom.

What about the Pyramid Club?  Did you look there?  We looked there, but I can't remember if we went there before we knew we were going to be 200 instead of 170...

Did I hear that Trust Venue is no longer booking events?  If they are still open for business, you might look there.

Where in South Jersey is your ceremony?  Did you look into the Mansion in Voorhees?  Just a thought/crap shoot.  I don't think the Collingswood Ballroom (Scottish Rite Theatre) has windows, but it does have high ceilings and a spacious feeling.  Other South Jersey venues to check out (that I cannot vouch for but might fit your needs): Lucien's Manor, Valenzano Winery.  If you are a liiiiiiittle further norht, I think Laurita Winery has an indoor event space.

Hope I suggested something you haven't looked into yet!  Good luck!!

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll also suggest the Loews.  I got married there in April and can't say enough great things.  Their ballroom is a bit more modern than most hotel ballrooms in Philly, and the 33rd floor for cocktails is pretty great.  Service was impecable.  Apparently they will have more than one wedding at a time...but I didn't even realize that there was another wedding in the other ballroom until after our reception was over. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • did you check out the down town club or any of the other Cescaphe venues? or Top of the Tower?
  • Thanks ladies for all the great ideas.  I guess I'm just being too picky?! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://buckscounty.weddings.com/sites/weddings/pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_help-cant-find-a-philly-venue-for-aug-2013-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:6d815d27-320d-4623-b2dd-8fa363a24160Post:12ffa6f8-0fde-433b-9f8d-cba1d1ce9d2c">Re: Help! Can't find a Philly venue for Aug 2013 wedding...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies for all the great ideas.  I guess I'm just being too picky?! 
    Posted by tdurso410[/QUOTE]

If you are interested in having your wedding a little outside of downtown Philly, I think Aldie Mansion (<a href="http://www.aldiemansion.com)" rel="nofollow">www.aldiemansion.com)</a> would be perfect for what you are describing. My fiance and I are getting married there in October, and it is absolutely amazing. The grounds and the mansion itself are gorgeous. The party room itself had a lot of windows and natural light, and is a very warm and inviting room. The bridal suite and grooms rooms are really nice, and a great size for getting ready and storing things the day of.
    Aldie works exclusively with Jeffrey A. Miller catering. The menus are very creative, and the food is delicious. They specialize in making everything fresh. My dad is in the food business so he has the inside scoop on local caterers, and everyone has only the best things to say about them. Their staff has also been really responsive and helpful. I can't wait to get married there in October, it is a beautiful place for a wedding :o)
  • Have you tried the Independance Seaport Museum or the Moshulu? They were a bit over our budget, but they are both really cool locations right on the river.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • We're getting married at the Power Plant in Old City in September 2013. It's not traditional at all, but it's amazing.
  • Why don't you try the Arts Ballroom on 13th and Locust! We are getting married there next June. It is a Stephen Starr venue, so he caters the wedding. Venue is beautiful!!!
  • edited August 2012

I am in the same situation. Wedding date is August 2013 yet the venues we loved are all booked.  We checked out the Marriott but the quote they gave us for using outside catering was a bit high. I sent out a few emails today... hopefully we will find something to our liking.  What about the Arts ballroom? Ballroom at the Ben have friday's available if you are flexible.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_help-cant-find-a-philly-venue-for-aug-2013-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:6d815d27-320d-4623-b2dd-8fa363a24160Post:ff3faeca-8a0c-4e9e-a3ce-fdb41b16cb32">Re: Help! Can't find a Philly venue for Aug 2013 wedding...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am in the same situation. Wedding date is August 2013 yet the venues we loved are all booked.  We checked out the Marriott but the quote they gave us for using outside catering was a bit high. I sent out a few emails today... hopefully we will find something to our liking.  What about the Arts ballroom? Ballroom at the Ben have friday's available if you are flexible.
    Posted by Sillie2011[/QUOTE]
    We are getting married at the Arts Ballroom next June. It is so beautiful and the event planner Jennifer is amazing! Stephen Starr is the exclusive caterer. You should def check it out. It is def Philly's new hidden gem for weddings:)
  • Penn Oaks Golf Club in West Chester, PA. We had our wedding there!  Beautiful grounds and so easy to work with!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_help-cant-find-a-philly-venue-for-aug-2013-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:6d815d27-320d-4623-b2dd-8fa363a24160Post:0fd7cfe9-03f0-43b9-84ac-953915759b2d">Help! Can't find a Philly venue for Aug 2013 wedding...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been looking at venues for over a month now for an early August 2013 wedding for 200 people and haven't found anything I really like.  I looked at all the nicer hotels in Center City Philly but I don't like the dark ballrooms you find in most.  I did like the Marriott Downtown's ballroom since it has windows and a patio but the reviews on the hotel itself weren't that great.  I don't want something too big which is why I haven't looked at the Crystal Team Room and other similar venues.  The place I fell in love with was the Atrium at the Curtis Center but they are booked.  I'm also open to venues in South Jersey since that's where the ceremony will be but am not into the basic country club.  Anyone out there have any other suggestions?  I'm at a loss....
    Posted by tdurso410[/QUOTE]

Hi have you check out Pier 19 Waterfront ballroom in Penns Landing. The Entire Ballroom is surrounded by large glasses with Delaware river and Ben Franklin bridge as back drop.
    We have pictures on FB page Hibachi Japanese Steakhouse and susuhi Bar. We can accommadate 220 guests with room for dance floor. You are welcome to contact me for more information.

Best Regards

Jim Chen
    267-290-6158
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards