Iowa-Des Moines
Options

New wedding venue available Jan 2012

Not sure if this has been mentioned here, but I saw an article in the register that the World Food Prize's reno of the old library is complete and they are going to begin booking events in January.

I haven't seen it in person yet, but it looks like they did a great job. http://www.worldfoodprize.org/index.cfm?nodeID=25312&audienceID=1

Re: New wedding venue available Jan 2012

• Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! They did do an amazing job! I can't wait to hear how people's wedding go there!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    i wonder how much venue rental will cost.. looks like it will be a nice place
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FYI- i have spoke with the person who does booking for this venue. The cost is $6500 per event. Here is the info I was given:

For your preliminary information, you should know that we have a $6,500 space rental fee for weddings and/or wedding receptions.  With this fee, your guests would have access to all the public spaces in the Hall of Laureates including the Borlaug Ballroom, Ruan Laureates room, Iowa Gallery as well as the Des Moines Mural Room, featuring the historic WPA murals that have been restored. There is certainly a lot to see in the Hall of Laureates and each room and space has its own identity and purpose. Plus the gardens would also be available to you; the gardens are a great location for photos to be taken.

As well, a security officer and one staff person will be present during your event. Please note that we only book one event at a time, so there are no conflicting events occurring in the building. This way, your guests would have a chance to experience the building exclusively for the duration of your event.

Regarding caterers, we offer two options: Embassy Club/Michael LaValle and Hy-Vee. Both caterers can do all kinds of events and we used both of them for our unveiling events this October.  Catering arrangements and cost would be a separate agreement between you and the caterer.

As is standard practice for all events, we do require that event insurance be purchased for the duration of your event. I can provide you with further details.

If I can be of any further help or if you have any other questions, please let me know. 

Jan Douglas

World Food Prize Foundation

666 Grand Avenue, #1700

Des Moines, IA 50309

515-245-2411

515-245-3785 FAX

www.worldfoodprize.org

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards