Maryland

Marriage License - Who Signs in Anne Arundel County?

My FI and I are getting married in Annapolis next year.  Who signs the marriage license in Anne Arundel county?  Is it just the officiant?  Or is it the officiant and a witness (or two)?  Or, is Anne Arundel county one of the rare places where the couple actually signs?  Just curious ...

Re: Marriage License - Who Signs in Anne Arundel County?

• edited December 2011
    Just the officiant.  You sign it when you go to the courthouse to pick it up, and I think the agent who works there signs something as a witness.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_wedding-license-signs-anne-arundel-county?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:627Discussion:6e5b066b-0651-453e-8dc9-86991b40d66dPost:a0e9b1be-dc7f-4b0c-931b-32b7ed894233">Re: Marriage License - Who Signs in Anne Arundel County?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just the officiant.  You sign it when you go to the courthouse to pick it up, and I think the agent who works there signs something as a witness.
    Posted by LauraT25[/QUOTE]

Okay ... so only one of us needs to go to apply, but then we both have to go back to pick it up/sign it?  Yikes .... Confused.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards