Getting in Shape

At home workout ideas?

I've lost weight before, but it was when I had a gym membership which is out of the question right now. FI is out of town so it's just my daughter and me at home. By the time I get home from work, it's time for dinner, then bath, then bed for her and I can't leave to go walking or anything.

I've been trying to implement a few things that I remember from back when I was going to the gym and had a trainer and such, but I don't remember everything.

I've been doing planks, jumping jacks, push ups, squats, lunges, wall sits, crunches, and high knees but in no particular order or set amounts of reps or sets. Do any of you ladies have any at home workout plans that I could look into until FI is back home and I can get back to hitting the pavement?

Re: At home workout ideas?

• I would recommend getting a workout video. I just started 30 Day Shred and it has been helping me. It only takes about 20 minutes so it's a good option if you don't have a lot of time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did P90X for about 6 weeks and loved it but spending an entire hour or more on my workout wasn't exactly working. I recently started doing 10 minute trainer (also by Tony Horton). It's too soon to give you any first hand results for me but my friend has been doing it for a few months and lost 20lbs. it's great bc you have the option of doing up to 3 10 minute videos a day. it's really intense too which i love!
  • Here is my at home workout... I do it when I wake up and go to sleep... I have lost 16 pounds... obviously if you dont eat right it just wont happen....50 jumping jacks, 10 pushups, 10 burpees, 10 walking squats, 50 high knees, 50 butt kickers, 20 standing squats repeat 3 times!

Try going outside and doing sprints to just to mix it up!

Also myfitnesspal.com helps you track your food and workouts....

lastly, if you miss the gym and just want to go to a couple get a week pass or day pass for free from the ones in your area!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_at-home-workout-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:af783ef3-c433-4204-bb72-964888fb1942Post:aa358faa-2f68-420f-a971-3ea49562192c">At home workout ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've lost weight before, but it was when I had a gym membership which is out of the question right now. FI is out of town so it's just my daughter and me at home. By the time I get home from work, it's time for dinner, then bath, then bed for her and I can't leave to go walking or anything. I've been trying to implement a few things that I remember from back when I was going to the gym and had a trainer and such, but I don't remember everything. I've been doing planks, jumping jacks, push ups, squats, lunges, wall sits, crunches, and high knees but in no particular order or set amounts of reps or sets. Do any of you ladies have any at home workout plans that I could look into until FI is back home and I can get back to hitting the pavement?
    Posted by dysfunctional7[/QUOTE]

10 Minute Trainer is great for a quick, intense workout, but when that gets boring for me I also do Turbo Fire, which is kickboxing and dancing to really great music.  And my fitness pal is great for tracking calories too- the search function is GREAT and makes it super easy.
    I guess it depends on what you like to do - what types of workouts/exercises do you enjoy??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • same as Petal Pockets... I have the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and it really works. I can feel myself getting in better shape and dropping lbs quickly. It has three 20 minutes workouts that get progressively harder. I also have done Zumba which is fun because since you're dancing you don't realize you're working out, you're just having fun!

But whatever you choose, you have to totally commit to it, you have to put the effort in. For example, if you get Zumba, and only half-heartedly dance, you won't see results, but if you dance hard and really put the effort in, you will have success.

Wii Fit is good too. All three of these (Wii Fit, 30 Day Shred, Zumba) are not time consuming, so they are good for a busy schedule, you can do short versions of it after your daughter goes to sleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards