Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Is this okay for a bridal shower?

I'm throwing a bridal shower for my cousin. I was just planning on having it at my house, having a few light nibbles (cake, chips and dip, veggie and fruit tray), playing a few simple games (know the bride trivia, bingo) and then having everyone watch her open presents. Is this too simple? I've been researching bridal shower ideas and so many showers are really fancy and I'm wondering if mine is too simple/cheap. What are most showers like? I'm worried people will expect a shower at a fancy restaurant with signature drinks, favors, themes, and center pieces. The shower is a surprise for my cousin and don't want to disappoint her.

Re: Is this okay for a bridal shower?

• Options
    It's fine. Sounds like every shower I have ever been to. Have a good time!
  • Options
    Your plan for the shower sound lovely. I had to verify the date with my sister, the bride, because she had to make sure to take the day off work. I got a spread of sandwiches and salad from Togo's, made fresh strawberry lemonade (bride's favorite), and passed out mini cupcakes. We played two games and she opened her gifts. Party went great and ended in three hours time.
  • Options
    That sounds like a few I have been to. Go for it.
  • Options
    Your shower sounds lovely and I'm sure the bride is going to love it.  Don't worry!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards