Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

How far in advance?

How far in advance should you book your hair stylest and makeup artist?  I'm still a few months out, but I haven't even started thinking about how to find someone or how soon I need to figure that stuff out.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How far in advance?

• Options
    My wedding is two weeks before yours and I already have my hair and makeup person for the day of the wedding.  My trail appointment is middle of next month.  I would at least start looking around and reading reviews and plan to book within the next two months at the latest.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I booked mine 6 months in advance.  Wedding MUAs book quickly here, and since I loved the MUA that did my makeup for my E-pics, I just booked her on the spot for my wedding.  However, I didn't actually do my trial until a few months before.

The problem with waiting is the possibility of not liking the MUA you pick.  I had already had a trial with a MUA that I hated--if I had waited until closer to my wedding to have the trial, I could have been in danger of not getting anyone I liked.  Or worse, if I had not done a trial at all and just had her do what she did on my wedding day, I would have been very disappointed.

I started out by Googling and then when I found my local board, went there for some recommendations and that is where I found my MUA.  My advice is if it is something that is important to you, to start looking.  It's never really too early.
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I booked mine 8 months out but then changed 2 months ago, lucky she was available but my wedding is on a Wednesday. If it was on a weekend, she was booked far ahead.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards