Rhode Island

Photographer help

Hi everyone!
I have been on here for a bit now, but this is my first question post! I am in need of suggestions for a photographer...looking for someone professional and on the affordable side. Approximate prices would be great too! Anyone you would recommend? Thanks! :)

Re: Photographer help

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Budgets for photography vary greatly so if you have a price point in mind, let us know. Also, what are you looking for specifically? 6 hr, 8 hr or unlimited coverage, e-session, albums, style of photography ect. 
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest looking at Dana Pierce Photograhy. They are super nice. Very easy to talk to. We just hired them for our wedding in 2012. You get two photographers for the whole day and packages start at $799.
  • kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had Kate Lucey and she was fabulous....
  • edited December 2011
    Manny from a Brides Day did our engagement, we loved him and the pictures. I am looking forward to the wedding. His prices vary but can work s budget around what you want.
    Anniversary
  • courtchacecourtchace member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at quite a few photographers before choosing one. Selecting a photographer was harder than choosing my dress!! So, we've met with alot of them in RI, including the above mentioned A Brides Day. Ultimately, we chose Memories RI, Chris the photographer and owner was the most personable one we met and offered the best packages. Our package included engagement session, 11x14 print from engagement session, all-day wedding photography coverage(which is awesome), 2 photographers, hi-res disc of images with print rights, and a 12X12 leather wedding album(bonus!). The cost was close to $2,500. This was WAY less than others were quoting and we got WAY more than the others were offering...and his work is amazing! Good luck in your search!
  • edited December 2011
    We looked around a lot and met with a few photographers that were either too pricey or not personable.  We're going with Stack 9 Design & Photography.  The two photographers are a married couple, so Linda will be with me and my bridesmaides before the wedding while Eddy is with the groomsmen and then they'll both be shooting our wedding.  We just had our "get to know you" session and the pictures came out SO nice...They really go out of their way to make you feel comfortable behind the camera.  I would definitely recommend them!!
  • edited December 2011
    We ended up going with Valentino Photography for our 2012 wedding. We paid roughly $2500 for all day coverage with 2 photographers all the rights to our photos, and e-session, a wedding album and a few more things I can't think of right now. They are a father and daughter team and they are super nice. Can't say enough about them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We booked our photographer from Once Like a Spark. We have a pretty stipped down package, 1 photographer all day, raw footage, some prints a few other things that are not coming to mind and are paying roughly $2400. but his photos are absolutley stunning so I'm willing to forgo a professionally constructed album.
  • edited December 2011
    Two True Photography!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We just met our photographers about a week ago for our engagement session and they are FABULOUS!! They are not only talented but incredibly nice!! We had such a great time with the session and they took thousands of photos!! They just shoot away to be sure to capture every moment!! We have seen a sneak peek of our session and so far they are incredible and we can't wait to see them all!! I can only imagine how the wedding photos will be!! Not only are they great in this sense, but, they are SOOOOOOO afordable!! That was our deciding factor!! We got an AMAZING price for the full day of the wedding with TWO photographers, an engagement session, album, large print, and two parent albums not to mention we are given ALL of our photos on a disk do whatever we please with.  There are a bunch of options as well and they are willing to work with you for whatever you want! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'd recommend my photographer I used last week, The Murphys!  The packages have changed since I booked them, but I think it is currently $1700 for 6 hours, with 2 photographers (engagement session, online gallery, dvd of all pics, etc).  They were wonderful to work with, very unobtrusive the day-of, super quick turn-around, and I loved my engagement pics and the handful of wedding pics they have posted in my preview.  Jim and Tana are great!

themurphysphoto.com
  • MM5678MM5678 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also boooked with Memories RI.  Chris and his wife are amazing.  I got the highest level package and it was $2600.  It included everything that I wanted and found the price to be signifigantly less then most other around.  We just had our E-pics taken and couldnt be happier.  I would highly reccomend them!
  • Emma428Emma428 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I highly reccomend Kelly Meyer! That is who I am using and she is sooo sweet, professional and savy! I have also heard a lot of good things about some of the others suggested. However, I cannot recommend using Stack 9. I will not blast them but I will, from experience have to question their experience. My good friend has better pictures from her table cameras.

• xtinagraphicsxtinagraphics member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Manny at abridesday.com
    He shot my wedding on June 4th and did an amazing job! His prices are very reasonable.
  • bean6687bean6687 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! I have a lot of checking into to do!!! :)
  • shanski27shanski27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went through a similar search recently and my fiance have settled on SNAP Photography! We leave in NYC and so did most of our outreach via e-mail and Mariah has been amazing to work with. Our next top guy was Kevin Trimmer! His rates are great and we loved his photojournalistic approach. You can google both of these for their sites. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

Hi there! I just wanted to see if you have found a photographer yet- and introduce myself to other brides! My name is Erica and I am the main photographer at Blessed Beginnings. Right now our package includes coverage of the preparations, ceremony, formals and reception events (up to 8 hrs), two photographers, and a DVD with all of your images that you are free to share, print and post. Right now this package is being offered for $1,250 but will be going up in the next month now that we have gotten rolling. If you want to check out our website for samples, go to www.blessedbeginningsri.com . Congratulations and good luck!

• edited December 2011
    Emily Crenca Photography

My prices are all under 1500. And you get over 3 thousand photographs on a CD :) and another CD of all the edited.  And engagement photographs!

check me out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards