Ohio-Columbus
Options

Vendors in Columbus, OH

Hi Everyone! I am newly engaged and looking to get married next September at Pinnacle Golf Club in Grove City. I have been spending SO much time going through vendors after vendors for photographers, florists, DJ's and bakeries. If anyone has any suggestions for any of these vendors that they have used in the past or have any experience with that would be great! I am also on a budget so any that are on the reasonable side would be great!

Thanks so much!

Re: Vendors in Columbus, OH

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gotten married yet, but I've been reading a lot of posts about a couple of the categories so I can pass along what I've read. From what I've heard, there are 2 florists that are very reasonable and work well with your budget and your vision...those are Flowers on Orchard Lane and Flowers on Springtree Lane. I plan on meeting with them both when it's about a year out from my wedding. As far as photographers, I'm going to recommend my photographer because he's such a professional and nice guy and his packages aren't bad at all. He's out of Cleveland, but he doesn't charge to travel. His company name is Hunter Photographics (I've attached 2 links for you, one is his TK link and the other is his company link... http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Hunter-Photographic/Profile/PHO/052/412064/profile -- www.hunterphotographic.com). And lastly, I have read great things on Team DJ...they've been ranked as one of TK's best vendors for like 5+ years running. Hope this helps! Also...have you looked into The Pinnacle yet? I noticed you said you were on a budget, and if you haven't, I'll give you a bit of head's up...they're pretty expensive! Good luck planning everything and congrats! =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! :) Our photographer is rather expensive, but he is fantastic. Company is Derk's Works, and he is just a great guy and great photographer. Very artsy stuff, but when you hire him, you get him the WHOLE day and not just a few hours. Our DJ is Buckeye Entertainment. They were the least expensive we found and I have heard tons of good things about them. When we met with them they were so down to earth and were willing to do whatever we wanted. Our flowers are being done by Petals & Leaves. They are great, but might be a little expensive. The two places the PP mentioned were booked for our date already. However, Petals & Leaves will work with your budget :) We are using the Goodie Shoppe for our cake. She was so nice and willing to try what I wanted. When you go in for a cake testing, you get a little cake and you get to take it home! Nothing fancy, but I'll take any cake I can get haha :) very reasonable pricing, too. I'd check it out if I were you :) Good luck to you!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you search this forum for specific categories of vendors, i.e. photographer, caterer, etc. you will find lots of recs. Also, if you search "vendor reviews" you will find lots of brides who've returned to The Knot after their weddings to review all of their vendors. Good luck!

I am still choosing vendors but I will say my photographer is Lindsey Scholz and she is very reasonable. She is young so has less experience but in my opinion she has a great eye and cares a lot about the details of every wedding she shoots. Plus she always uses a second shooter which usually costs a lot more.
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding is October 29, so I can't give complete reviews, but so far so good on all of the vendors we've chosen:

Photographer - Marie White Photography http://mariewhitephotography.com/
    Florist - Oberer's http://www.oberers.com/
    DJ - Buckeye Entertainment http://www.buckeyeentertainment.com/
    Baker - Anita Kline - no website, but very reasonably priced, cakes are delicious.  I can provide phone/email if you want.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have a DJ (we had a live band) but here are the vendors I used for my wedding last September (all of which I would recommend and are very affordable)

Flowers: we bought flowers from Blooms Direct on Goodale in Grandview and put together all the arrangements, bouquets, and bouts ourselves. We ordered corsages from our local Kroger. Through my couple years on this board I've also heard all good things about Flowers on Orchard Lane (I do believe they're the same owner as Flowers on Springtree Lane) and also many budget brides here have found luck getting flowers from local Kroger stores (there's a couple locations in particular that I've heard are very good at weddings specifically, if you post something here I am sure some ladies can recommend a location)

Photographer / Videography: I used Picture Perfect Portraits. Our photos came out GREAT, our video was awesome and they were extrememly affordable.

Baker: We got our cake from Short North Piece of Cake - great cake and well priced.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For our wedding, we used Kimberly Potterf for our photographer, Flowers on Orchard Lane as our florist, Jodi from Night Music was our DJ, and our cake baker was Anita Kline. I cannot say enough great things about these vendors, really, all the others we used for our wedding. These vendors went above and beyond, were experts with their services, and were amazing the whole way through - even after the wedding was over! Highly recommend them all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really wanted to use Lindsey Scholz but she was already booked for my wedding. Hopefully we'll be able to use her in the future for other types of pictures. She was super nice to talk to and her pictures are beautiful!
  • Options
    spainstaceyspainstacey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For cakes another great vendor is cindy patrick with Enticing Icings.  I didn't even seriously consider anyone else and was the cheapest I saw and her cakes are DELICIOUS! and what she can do with a cake is just amazing.

OUr photographer is momments into memories photography and while probably not the cheapest.... most definitly not hte most expensive

And our florist is Petals and leaves as well I went to one of the other florists mentioned and had a TERRIBLE time iwth them.

GOod luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    photography, we're going with jessica love photography.

(www.jessicalovephotography.com)

bakery: it's a little off the wall, but we're getting a vegan cake, they're really delicious (our families have some egg issues, can't be too safe!) and pretty: vegan pattycake bakery in clintonville.

those're my two cents!! good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! So far we have booked Anita Kline for our cake, which we HIGHLY suggest (just like everyone says). We have met with Ryan Smith for our DJ who seemed really great, but we are still looking.

Thanks so so much again everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards