July 2012 Weddings

Have you booked your honeymoon yet?

Hi Ladies,

Have you booked your honeymoon yet??  

If so where are you going??

We are having trouble picking a destination
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?

• 7 day cruise to Alaska!  booked and paid for (with the exception of flights)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to Aruba for a week! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We just booked ours last weekend. It's a 12 day trip to Italy: Venice, Florence and Rome. We are SO excited!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We booked ours in September we are going to Aruba for 10 days!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • We are doing 3 days in Charleston, then 3 in Savannah and 3 in Disneyworld.  We need to book our rental car, return flight and Disney tickets but the flight there and all of the hotels are booked.  I am waiting for tax returns to do the rest.
  • Ours is booked--Bora Bora for a week
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Yep we booked ours in August. Going to Maine for 9 days
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just booked our HM to Turks and Caicos on Friday! I can't wait!! 

What are some of the places you are thinking of? It took us FOREVER to decide on a place. We have been talking about the HM since we got engaged! 
    imageAnniversary
  • We were just looking at our plans this weekend, planning on booking this week.  We're going to Banff, Canada (we both love hiking, kayaking, biking, all things outdoors).
  • Yes, we're going to the Pacific North West.

Newenglandorr, Italy is so beautiful, you're gonna have a blast!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yep, we booked about a month ago. 9 days at an all-inclusive spa and wellness resort on the riviera maya in mexico :)
  • We booked in October.. St Lucia for 7 days.. I can not wait!!!

We also had a hard time choosing.  Where are you looking??
  • We have flights booked but not accomodations, yet. We are going to San Francisco and the Napa Valley area for four days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We booked our entire honeymoon in September.  We're going to Oahu, Maui, and Kauai for 14 days.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_booked-honeymoon-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0b4ddb95-69bf-4bba-9831-44a166d34bb1Post:616fb79a-9eb3-44c4-bc94-2b9ec016fdd1">Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just booked ours last weekend. It's a 12 day trip to Italy: Venice, Florence and Rome. We are SO excited!!!
    Posted by newenglandorr[/QUOTE]

I'm so jealous. FI and I want to go to Italy so BAD - but it's WAY out of our budget. The airfare alone was over 2,000 dollars -_-.

We haven't booked anything yet. We're both doing our taxes first - and trying to see how much money we can get for that. Apparently FI can claim abuela as a dependent and get extra money from that.

We wanted to go abroad - but I just don't think it's going to work out. Maybe Gulf Shores, Alabama or San Fransisco or something.

FI wants somewhere with some historical significance or unique architecture or something - which is why Europe would have been awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We booked ours a while ago.  We are doing a 5-day cruise to the Bahamas and then 5 days in Disney World.  We just bought our flights last week (since they already started going up-$20 more than the first time I looked!) and we paid for the cruise in full.  Disney payment is due in May.  I am getting excited!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_booked-honeymoon-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0b4ddb95-69bf-4bba-9831-44a166d34bb1Post:a8c81f58-949d-4166-a372-50b9f35bcd6c">Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep we booked ours in August. Going to Maine for 9 days
    Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]

<div>Where in Maine are you going? I was born and raised in Maine and still go up every other weekend or so to see my family. I might be able to give you some ideas/insight! </div>

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_booked-honeymoon-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0b4ddb95-69bf-4bba-9831-44a166d34bb1Post:b0df1619-c5a3-4e90-8bf4-092d5b0cf278">Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We booked ours a while ago.  We are doing a 5-day cruise to the Bahamas and then 5 days in Disney World.  We just bought our flights last week (since they already started going up-$20 more than the first time I looked!) and we paid for the cruise in full.  Disney payment is due in May.  I am getting excited!
    Posted by BeabullMom[/QUOTE]

We are considering like 4 days in Disney and 4 days on the beach - maybe Sanibel Island area to collect some seashells.

If we have to stay domestic - I think Disney MIGHT be my top choice.

What made you choose Disney?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bright - We love the Mucky Duck on Captiva Island (just past Sanibel), beautiful sunsets and the food is so good.  No reservations though so you need to plan to wait.

We are taking our boat and cruising from the 1000 Islands (Alex Bay) to somewhere in Canada via the St Lawrence River.  7-10 days total. 

• We havent booked anything yet either! We spent awhile trying to decide how to do it, because we both wanted somewhere warm, but dont want to go too far south in July.
    We decided a few weeks ago that we are going to chicago for the 4 days after the wedding, and then Jamaica in January- around a year from now. Im calling Chicago the mini-moon and Jamaica the actual honeymoon. 
    We tried to book hotels in Chicago this weekend, but booking online added a lot more fees than anticipated, so we are back to looking and hopefully will pick something soon. We have a couple ideas about where to stay in Jamaica, but we might wait and use some wedding gift money to book/pay for that trip. 

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We haven't reserved any hotels, but where ever we go it will not require airplane tickets.  We talked about a road trip to Glacier National Park and Waterton Park.

However, first we need to decide if we want to bring the dog (Gina) or not.  I'd hate to keep her at the boarding place for 10 days straight, but that would change our logistics.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_booked-honeymoon-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0b4ddb95-69bf-4bba-9831-44a166d34bb1Post:09e1e860-7c6b-4086-b95d-952bad331a2e">Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet? : I'm so jealous. FI and I want to go to Italy so BAD - but it's WAY out of our budget. The airfare alone was over 2,000 dollars -_-. We haven't booked anything yet. We're both doing our taxes first - and trying to see how much money we can get for that. Apparently FI can claim abuela as a dependent and get extra money from that. We wanted to go abroad - but I just don't think it's going to work out. Maybe Gulf Shores, Alabama or San Fransisco or something. FI wants somewhere with some historical significance or unique architecture or something - which is why Europe would have been awesome.
    Posted by BrightFirefly[/QUOTE]

It was a little bit of a splurge for us, but we're older and are hoping to start a family immediately. God willing, we won't have a chance to travel like this for quite a while so we decided to just go for it. I'm most excited for Venice :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_booked-honeymoon-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0b4ddb95-69bf-4bba-9831-44a166d34bb1Post:09e1e860-7c6b-4086-b95d-952bad331a2e">Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet? : I'm so jealous. FI and I want to go to Italy so BAD - but it's WAY out of our budget. The airfare alone was over 2,000 dollars -_-. We haven't booked anything yet. We're both doing our taxes first - and trying to see how much money we can get for that. <strong>Apparently FI can claim abuela as a dependent and get extra money from that.</strong> We wanted to go abroad - but I just don't think it's going to work out. Maybe Gulf Shores, Alabama or San Fransisco or something. FI wants somewhere with some historical significance or unique architecture or something - which is why Europe would have been awesome.
    Posted by BrightFirefly[/QUOTE]

At least she's good for something, right?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • We want to go somewhere to relax and not to worry about anything, but we do like the outdoors.. Like canoeing, zip line, high ropes, biking etc...

We both haven't been out of North America.  We live in Ontario Canada.

So somewhere hot but with some outdoor adventure available at the resort.

Any ideas?

We are also worried about hurricanes in July.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_booked-honeymoon-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0b4ddb95-69bf-4bba-9831-44a166d34bb1Post:6765ffed-28be-411a-9426-4685d2235a02">Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet? : It was a little bit of a splurge for us, but we're older and are hoping to start a family immediately. God willing, we won't have a chance to travel like this for quite a while so we decided to just go for it. I'm most excited for Venice :)
    Posted by newenglandorr[/QUOTE]

<div>That's why we're doing it the other way around - living in Europe, going to the US.</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Haven't booked the honeymoon yet. We want to go to Vermont for a couple days after the wedding. We're trying to save money because we're buying a house. Originally we wanted to go to Disney but decided to go somewhere not too far from where we are (we live in NY) and we've been to Disney 3 times together so we decided we wanted to go somewhere new, scenic and relaxing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I'm not sure we'll be comfortable spending too much more after the wedding is over.  We are having a new deck put in which was actually more than the wedding itself! 

Just thinking of the logistics too, I don't know how this will all work!

I'll have my wedding dress and other wedding stuff, plus [possibly) a deflated raft in the car.  If we head north to Glacier after the wedding, then we'll have to take all that crap with us, plus camping gear, since home is in the other direction 4 hours.  Too many logistics!!

What would you do?
  • We're going to Secrets St. James in Montego Bay Jamaica. We still have to book our flights, but we're waiting for my fiance's income tax return.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • We're going to Maui for 10 days. Hotel booked, flights aren't yet. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_booked-honeymoon-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0b4ddb95-69bf-4bba-9831-44a166d34bb1Post:43ff3ef1-d5d9-4d49-96ca-fbaf5be3e3f7">Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going to Maui for 10 days. Hotel booked, flights aren't yet. 
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

When are you going and where are you staying?  We're at the Hyatt Regency Maui from 7/26-30!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards