May 2013 Weddings
Options

Finally a check, actually 2 checks!

I have felt so behind reading about all of you guys doing things I hadn't even started so yesterday I buckled down and ordered our Save the Dates and Invitations!

The save the dates got backed up due to engagement pictures getting backed up due to rain, so that was out of my control but I finally got our pics in and went online and found a magnet to fit the picture in.

We already had our invites picked out but then of course my mom decided she wanted to add in the parents names, luckily the Etsy seller was super easy to work with and is changing everything I asked.  We should have proofs back in 2 days for both then hopefully I will have our STD's by the end of next week so I can have them in the mail at the beginning of the year!

I think the invites will go out the end of January, does that seem too late since I am asking for a response by the first Saturday in April?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Wedding Countdown Ticker
My Pregnancy, Wedding, Home DIY blog!
Dating: 7.1.2008 Engaged: 11.25.11 Austin: 07.21.12 Wedding: 5.4.2013

Re: Finally a check, actually 2 checks!

• Options
    I think your invites could go out even later than the end of January. More than a month for a response likely means the RSVP is going to get shoved away and forgotten about, so end of Feb, beginning of March might be better. Also, if you're sending the STDs at the beginning of January and the invites within a month, you don't really need the STDs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_finally-a-check-actually-2-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:9a6d049b-d7a3-4a36-b102-6a691224b31cPost:45243c77-0d83-4950-9239-96e569058be5">Re: Finally a check, actually 2 checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think your invites could go out even later than the end of January. More than a month for a response likely means the RSVP is going to get shoved away and forgotten about, so end of Feb, beginning of March might be better. Also, if you're sending the STDs at the beginning of January and the invites within a month, you don't really need the STDs.
    Posted by rswans[/QUOTE]

I agree with this...
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_finally-a-check-actually-2-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:9a6d049b-d7a3-4a36-b102-6a691224b31cPost:45243c77-0d83-4950-9239-96e569058be5">Re: Finally a check, actually 2 checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think your invites could go out even later than the end of January. More than a month for a response likely means the RSVP is going to get shoved away and forgotten about, so end of Feb, beginning of March might be better. Also, if you're sending the STDs at the beginning of January and the invites within a month, you don't really need the STDs.
    Posted by rswans[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div>

• Options

Ok I will wait till February then to send them out, I was thinking that but then I was thinking that wasn't much time.  Thanks ladies

My save the dates are magnets so in essence they are more of a reminder to throw on your fridge vs being an actual save the date which is why I was ok with them going out so close together.  Also our wedding is quite a drive for most people so while I am busy proofing and editing my invites I wanted to get something sent out so people can know where to book hotels and when to take vacation and what not.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Pregnancy, Wedding, Home DIY blog!
    Dating: 7.1.2008 Engaged: 11.25.11 Austin: 07.21.12 Wedding: 5.4.2013
  • Options
    I am getting married on May 25th.  Our RSVP date is April 5th and we were thinking about sending invites out beginning of Feb.  We also have quite  a few people coming infrom out of town that will need to plan flights & hotel accomidations so we are trying to give them a little extra time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards