California-Central

When should I...

We just recently got engaged but the wedding is not until June of 2012. When would be an appropriate time to throw our engagement party or post it in our local newspaper?

Re: When should I...

• beckerz03beckerz03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would post in the newspaper at least a year in advance (so you still have time).

as for an engagement party, that is up to you...I've seen them range from two years before to a year before. so I would say, do whatever makes you feel comfortable.

HTH!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The engagement party is whenever someone decides to throw one for you.  You do not throw one for yourself.  As for the rest of things, you can choose your venue now, but PLEASE do NOT choose your bridal party until 9 months before the wedding.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CA2MT4Ever - I'm curious why wait until 9 months before your wedding to choose your bridal party?
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hop on over to the Wedding Party board and you will see.  It is flooded with posts by people who chose their party too early and for whatever reasons want to give someone the boot.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • groovysuvigroovysuvi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friends come an go.  My FI would have chosen one friend for his best man a year ago, but when we were planning our wedding, they had a falling out and now that "friend" is not invited.   You never know what will happen, or how your budget will change that might limit your wedding party.  Waiting until 9 months or so, with enough time to order dresses and get alterations, seems perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards