April 2013 Weddings

Rehearsal Dinner

Well, we decided to have one after all. It's going to be very low key- in a private room at a pizza place! But pizza is our favorite, and I'm having a golf themed cake for my FI. What are you all doing for yours? Do we send out separate invites for it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    We are also doing an appetizer of cheese, crackers and fresh fruit then pizza, beer and wine along with FIs surprise groom cake.  It is 25 people.... We wanted to keep in under $500 and it looks like we are going to achieve that. I am sending out invites, but just bought a simple pack of diy invites from michaels and did them myself.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Nice! Yeah ours is about 15 people and will be about 200- but we won't even have salad! Just pizza and soda/beer and the cake, which will be a simple sheet cake. What kind of cake are you doing, do you have a design yet? And I just made invites on a program I have at work on cardstock lol. We aren't getting help on the rehearsal so I wanted to make it as cheap as possible!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My Future Inlaws have totally taken over the rehersal dinner which is more than fine by me.  They rented a room at a restaurant since we will have around 35 people.  It will be a family style dinner with beer, wine and soda.  There is also a projector and screen available.  The day of the rehersal is my grandfather's 90th Birthday so we will have cake for him.  We are not doing invites.  Just word of mouth.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_rehearsal-dinner-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:ec16ead8-2099-4924-a520-3cedd61c2ff5Post:886f6518-185f-4f33-819a-ab5cd031e939">Re: Rehearsal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Future Inlaws have totally taken over the rehersal dinner which is more than fine by me.  They rented a room at a restaurant since we will have around 35 people.  It will be a family style dinner with beer, wine and soda.  There is also a projector and screen available.  The day of the rehersal is my grandfather's 90th Birthday so we will have cake for him.  We are not doing invites.  Just word of mouth.
    Posted by dandelionsgirl[/QUOTE]

<div>Ours will be similar.  We'll have around 50 people, I think but who knows.  FMIL just sent an email to her entire family and CC'd me that included an invitation to the rehearsal dinner to her whole family.  Luckily, they're paying for it.  I find it interesting, though, that she did not tell me to invite our side of the family.  I'm going to wait and see if she brings this up once we get RSVPs and figure out our guests' lodging plan, etc.  If my family isn't coming in until the day of the wedding it would be a moot point.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I think we have a chicken and fish dinner with a couple of sides and FI's groom's cake(if FMIL makes it).  I don't really know the details and the FILs have been tossing ideas back and forth with each other.  I'm sort of trying to keep my distance from getting involved in that planning.</div>
  • Outs is at an italian place where we had out first date.... Around 25 people..... Probably around 700 dollars (oy)...... And doing cupcakes for dessert. New added expense due to a fall out with FI family for acting like jerks at Xmas time.... He Told them we didn't want their money for the RD. awesome :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_rehearsal-dinner-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:ec16ead8-2099-4924-a520-3cedd61c2ff5Post:61335ef5-8198-424d-837f-72c2df22385a">Re: Rehearsal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nice! Yeah ours is about 15 people and will be about 200- but we won't even have salad! Just pizza and soda/beer and the cake, which will be a simple sheet cake. What kind of cake are you doing, do you have a design yet? And I just made invites on a program I have at work on cardstock lol. We aren't getting help on the rehearsal so I wanted to make it as cheap as possible!!
    Posted by orangehills[/QUOTE]

We wanted to spend around that much (200-300)but  the place that we originally wanted can't accomodate us during that time! She quoted us around $500. With an estimate count on number of pizzas, bottles of wine and pitchers of beer. Plus this may go down if we do not get 25 people. I think she quoted us high on the number of bottles of wine, and I do not think up front we are going to be like bring out all those bottles. We may start out with red white and order from there.
    I am doing a surprise grooms cake for FI. Hes loves bass fishing so I went with that theme. I don't know if you watch cupcake wars, but Sugar bakery won and they are close by us so I am getting it made from there. Love there cupcakes. It will be a simple round cake with a bass fish sculpture on top and fishing themes items around it etc.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're doing Broadway Pizza!  The basic package is 8.50/person and my FMIL is totally geeked about that LOL
  • We're doing pizza too! We'll have 10 people (half the wedding guest list lol). We haven't decided which one yet or if we are eating there, getting delivery to our apartment or getting delivery to our preferred bar. 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Fun! FI parents are hosting ours at a local Italian restaurant. They're going to block off the back room for us. It's going to be about 40 people. Buffet style. We'll have some hors dourves for when everyone arrives. Its BYOB so bringing some bottles of wine, hopefully my favorite white merlot. I'm surprising FI with a Super Mario themed grooms cake that my friends mom is making. I have no idea how much everything will cost and I'm so thankful his parents are taking care of everything. I feel like I'll be a nervous wreck that night, I shake a lot when I'm excited or nervous...lol. It'll be a fun night though to kick off the wedding weekend :)
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Blondy214Blondy214 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    Ugh. Rehearsal dinner is driving me crazy. FI's parents (who are divorced) have offered to pay for it, which we are very grateful for, but it seems to be coming with strings. Plus, they haven't planned any of it. So, I don't know where it will be yet. We have a budget of $1000 (I think? I can't really get a straight answer on that...) for around 30 people, which is an obscene amount of money. We are having a destination wedding, so no one is very familiar with restaurants in the area, and doing something low key at home unfortunately isn't an option. 

I asked FMIL to plan it (search for places, make some phone calls, etc) and she did some research but that was about it. So its pretty much up to me I guess. 

Oh god, just thinking about it stresses me out. 
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • My FMIL is planning the rehearsal dinner and in her words "i'm spending too much money on the wedding already and my bridal party is just way to insanely large (5 people on each side) so we are having it the church we are getting married...which means no wine, no beer, no alcohol and my family definitely likes their alcohol...so it should be interesting...but guess i can't complain too much just not waht i wanted for my wedding but oh well
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our RD will be at a local restaurant... pizza and salad :) We will have about 50 people. My FIL's have offered to host it so I am very thankful for that. I don't know if I am going to get a grooms cake or not. I don't want to send out formal invitations, I think just telling people will work out, but I don't know how my FMIL will end up doing it, lol.
  • Haha I like that so many of us are doing pizza!! I don't even know if I'll have salad... I know there will be soda and beer along with the pizza though and a grooms cake that I'm surprising FI with as well. And Spunky- half of our wedding guest list will be at the rehearsal as well LOL. oh well, It is a fun way to start off the wedding festivities!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wait... what is all this about FI grooms cake? I've never heard of this, please tell me more. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards