Flowers

Flowers or No Flowers....

I am not a huge fan of flowers...I never pictured myself carrying flowers when I get married.  I don't enjoy them as a gift and I don't enjoy planting them.  However, I am feeling a little pressure to have them for myself and my bridesmaids during the ceremony.  We are getting married on the beach and purple with orange accents is our scheme.  I thought the "crazy daisies" might look nice, but is it wrong that I want to ask the local super market to order some bright daisies?  Thoughts and opinions, please.....

Re: Flowers or No Flowers....

• Go for it!  Yes, your friends want you to have flowers - they probably can't believe you don't really want them.   You're making a wonderful gesture in compromising and getting some bright colored daisies will add fun to your wedding.  I'm ordering flowers from Costco myself - what's the difference between that and your local grocery store?  Have a wonderful wedding!

• i think a few daisies would be cute.
  • I think the daisies would be cute. If you really don't want to carry flowers, though, don't feel like you have to. Lots of people choose not to have them.
    Photobucket
  • You don't have to. I plan on getting my flowers on fifty flowers.com

• As a bridesmaid, I have carried fans, parasols, lanterns, clutches, balloons and candles because that is what the bride wanted. If you don't want flowers, don't have flowers.  It is nice to have something to hold but it is not needed. 
  • If you don't want to carry flowers, then don't.  It's your day and you can carry (or not carry) anything you darn well please!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • THANK YOU to everyone who responded, I feel pretty much the same way.  It's my day and I'll do what I want!!  Laughing
    Also, I am glad to hear that other brides are not using a florist necessarily!  Thanks again for your thoughts and opinions!!!  (I'm sure I'll return with more!!)
  • careful with the bright colored daisies as they are usually dyed and you don't want the flowers (which you don't much care for) to ruin your dress.  Ask them if they have some brightly colored flowers that would compliment your theme  and typically they can order them for you.
  • I am not a huge fan of flowers either...personally I think they are a huge waste of money ( not just for weddings, but for any holiday/occasion). My BM's knew this and ordered me a brooch bouquet from etsy.com instead. We are making our own hydrangea bouquets for the bridesmaids to carry which was alot cheaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards