Massachusetts-Boston

Grooms attire

Hey ladies, where did you or your guys go for their suits or tuxes? We are definately thinking of a purchase compared to rental, a nice suit or a tux. The only two places that come to my mind are Jos. A Bank or Mens Wearhouse... just wondering what other options there are, want my groom to look sharp!

Re: Grooms attire

• We rented tuxes from Russo's they were amazing to work with and I highly recommend them to anyone looking to rent.  They tailored my DH's tuxedo for him when he picked it up a few days before the wedding and made sure everyone's fit before they left the store and did minor alterations on the spot to make sure they fit everyone perfectly.

Anniversary
  • edited July 2012
    FI and I recently bought suits through Jos. A Bank and couldn't be happier. We had used them for my sister's wedding last year and had such a good experience that FI and I decided to use them as well. They have great sales all the time so keep an eye out and wait for the best one. We literally just purchased the suits last week because they were running a Buy 1 Get 3 free sale. We purchased 8 suits total. The original prices: 6 GMs suits were about $600 a piece, FI was $795, and my father's was $895. Normally that would be way out of the question. But the deal they worked out for us was way too good to pass up. We ended up paying about $1275 total with shipping cost for the suits (including pants). Typically they charge you for the 2 highest priced suits but they gave us a steal by figuring it the way they did. Now instead of paying $150-$200 for a tux rental, each of the guys are paying $150 for a really nice suit and about $30 for their shirt. 

Not sure where you're located but we're located on the MA/NH boarder and went to the Nashua, NH store (no sales tax) and worked with Josh. He is the manager there and was fantastic. Also if you order through one store they can always ship it to another for you that is closer to your guys. That was the case for two of our GMs. Hope that helps!

*Side note: The nice thing with them too is you can trade out style and size at any time up until you begin altering the suit.*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
    Centerpieces! Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Our guys bought black suits.  They all went and purchased them on their own but I think they mostly got them at department stores like Macy's. 
    Anniversary
  • My husband bought his tux. It didn't cost more than renting and he has always wanted one (maybe he wants to be James Bond in his spare time or something, lol).  His GMs already owned their own tuxes, so everyone just wore what they owned.
  • We bought suits duinrg a Jos A Bank super sale!
  • Great thank you! We went to Joseph A Bank a couple of weeks ago to start looking an get ideas but we really didn't like the sales lady. It was like I had to ask each question three different ways and she acted as if there was only 1 option... not very helpful, so it sort of put us off. Going out this weekend, so maybe we'll try another JAB store and see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards