Arizona-Phoenix

Four Weddings Phoenix

Hi ladies! For those of you getting married in the next few months, I wanted to let you know about Four Weddings Phoenix <-- clicky

Yes, the show on TLC is going to have a 'Phoenix-only' season! My FI and I have gone through the whole process and are just waiting to be matched up with three other brides. If you decide to apply, let me know!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: Four Weddings Phoenix

• edited December 2011
    That's awesome!  I love that show!  LOL
    Photobucket

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• brittandjpbrittandjp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm still debating. The producer is totally interested, I just can't decide if I should do it. She wants to schedule an interview, I just haven't replied to her email. :/ How funny would that be, if we were matched up?!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_four-weddings-phoenix?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:6c3da797-e739-4d44-ab46-a814606351bbPost:a28bdac1-ba97-48dc-975c-8fb04b398ab6">Re: Four Weddings Phoenix</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm still debating. The producer is totally interested, I just can't decide if I should do it. She wants to schedule an interview, I just haven't replied to her email. :/ How funny would that be, if we were matched up?!
    Posted by brittandjp[/QUOTE]

<div>Hmm, I'm not sure why TK ate my post, but I'll try it again!</div><div>
    </div><div>FI and I definitely went back and forth about whether to participate or not. In the end, it didn't change our eventual HM plans (in the summer), and if it's extra incentive for our vendors to do their best, then we figured it was worth it. </div><div>
    </div><div>It would be really neat if we got matched up! I'm excited to see some different venues, decor and dress styles!</div>

• shannonandyshannonandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Tiger - How long did the whole process take? I applied a few weeks ago and they have emailed a couple times to say they are interested. Any tips? Congrats!
    Having an un-wedding!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, it was probably 2-3 weeks from application time until the first phone call, then another 3-4 weeks between that interview and them wanting to set up a Skype interview (I had inadvertantly forgot to send our paperwork in prompltly, so that may be why it was a little longer for us). After the Skype interview it was probably 3-4 weeks before I heard from the assistant producer. So all in all about a 2-3 month process. Good luck and keep us updated!!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhhh so in otherwords be patient! Glad I asked - you are talking to a girl who basically planned her entire wedding from dress to cake in a month, so I don't mess around ;) My wedding is at the end of the time frame they are shooting so not sure if it will work out.

Very exciting! Do you know how many episodes they are shooting? I think I may have a pretty good shot because my venue is one of a kind but who knows what they are looking for! Keep us updated too I'm dying to hear how it goes!
    edited December 2011
    I think the email said December through April, so timewise you're probably fine! I think she said they are shooting 12 episodes, so they need 48 brides! I just was 100% myself during all the interviews. For our wedding, the unique thing is how much we're doing ourselves, from the bouquets, to the centerpieces, decorating, etc. Just think about what makes your wedding 'you' and make sure to express that... :)

• edited December 2011
    I asked my fiancee if he would be interested and he said no :( Ah well. I'm not sure I would like having my wedding critiqued. I'm sure everyone who applies will have beautiful weddings! Good luck to all of you!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're sweet, thanks for the tips! I hope I hear from them soon!

Good luck with the DIY- I'm slowly but surely figuring out what I can DIY to save a little - I may hit you up for some tips :) I want to at least DIY menus, place cards, stuff like that. I have a hard time paying $3 per menu, but at the same time planning the whole thing in a relatively short time I have to just suck it up and pay for some things that I don't have tie to do myself!

I did DIY my save the dates though so I'm not a total slacker :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_four-weddings-phoenix?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:6c3da797-e739-4d44-ab46-a814606351bbPost:01bc0a0e-b9f8-4287-8a51-68c5497e0059">Re: Four Weddings Phoenix</a>:
    [QUOTE]I asked my fiancee if he would be interested and he said no :( Ah well. I'm not sure I would like having my wedding critiqued. I'm sure everyone who applies will have beautiful weddings! Good luck to all of you!
    Posted by dasni[/QUOTE]

Initially, that was our thought as well... We're still on the fence about whether or not we'll apply. We'll prob make a final decision this weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_four-weddings-phoenix?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:6c3da797-e739-4d44-ab46-a814606351bbPost:01bc0a0e-b9f8-4287-8a51-68c5497e0059">Re: Four Weddings Phoenix</a>:
    [QUOTE]I asked my fiancee if he would be interested and <strong>he said no</strong> :( Ah well. I'm not sure I would like having my wedding critiqued. I'm sure everyone who applies will have beautiful weddings! Good luck to all of you!
    Posted by dasni[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was actually considering it, but I wasn't sure if we would even be able to because our wedding is in May. The only thing that really concerned me was that my final exams will be in late April and I didn't know if the other weddings would conflict with studying and whatnot. But, when I talked to FI he gave me an emphatic no which made the decision for me. I think it would be fun to have your wedding on TV and go to the other weddings, but it does seem to make it less personal when there are cameras and random strangers judging you.
  • brittandjpbrittandjp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_four-weddings-phoenix?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:6c3da797-e739-4d44-ab46-a814606351bbPost:53b5d899-4abf-4256-848a-f07fd9c156b9">Re: Four Weddings Phoenix</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Four Weddings Phoenix : Hmm, I'm not sure why TK ate my post, but I'll try it again! FI and I definitely went back and forth about whether to participate or not. In the end, it didn't change our eventual HM plans (in the summer), and <strong>if it's extra incentive for our vendors to do their best, then we figured it was worth it. </strong> It would be really neat if we got matched up! I'm excited to see some different venues, decor and dress styles!
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

That's like the MAIN reason I want to it, that and the honeymoon of course. We are planning to go on a HM a week after the wedding, so that's one of the cons. If we didn't win, I would be so mad that we waited and then didn't get the HM. Between the HM issue and becoming even more anxious about everything being perfect and having cameras following me around, I still can't decide that it's for me. LOL I'm so indecisive about it, even though my FI is all about it. I still haven't replied to her emails.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm totally having things that people hate on! LOL
    Like a buffett dinner and non-floral centerpieces.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Me too dasni I have almost no florals and am doing food stations - The ceremony will be wedding-ish but the reception will be more like a party.   I'd be curious what others would say and I def have strong opinions on things like golf course weddings and callas lilies! To each their own tho!

I have a honeymoon planned for right after the wedding - I can't imagine anyone not planning a HM on a 1 in 4 shot they win one a few months later.  If we were to get on and win it would be a great 1 year anniversary trip! Of course Im hoping to be prego by then ;)

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_four-weddings-phoenix?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:6c3da797-e739-4d44-ab46-a814606351bbPost:154b22d7-1783-421d-92b6-b9eebbeed4b7">Re: Four Weddings Phoenix</a>:
    [QUOTE]Me too dasni I have almost no florals and am doing food stations - The ceremony will be wedding-ish but the reception will be more like a party.   I'd be curious what others would say and I def have strong opinions on things like <strong>golf course weddings</strong> and callas lilies! To each their own tho! I have a honeymoon planned for right after the wedding - I can't imagine anyone not planning a HM on a 1 in 4 shot they win one a few months later.  If we were to get on and win it would be a great 1 year anniversary trip! Of course Im hoping to be prego by then ;)
    Posted by shannonandy[/QUOTE]

<div>Ha, we're totally having a golf course wedding. I think it will be gorgeous. What don't you like about them in general?</div><div>
    </div><div>We weren't going to go on our honeymoon right away since FI gets all his vacation days on June 1. We figure we'll go away for a couple days to somewhere driveable right after the wedding, but not plan our big 'honeymoon' until later. So that worked out perfectly for the way the show works.</div>

• edited December 2011

strong opinions on calla lilies? really?

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't hate me girls :)

I am an avid golfer lol so its not the golf courses exactly - and I think there are tons of awesome beautiful ones in PHX. I think its just that  I see my wedding as a challenge to keep my guests saying WOW. For some people WOW means a beautiful setting like a golf course. To me it means "WOW I have never seen that before!" A golf course doesnt do that for me - beautiful option, but not for me!

As for the callas lilies its the same - I think they're nice but I see them at lots of weddings and don't feel they are a unique choice that would represent my style. I actually dont care for flower arrangements they remind me of funerals more then weddings. OMG David Tutera would have a field day with me.

Too bad my future MIL is a florist & offered to do "all my flowers" lol.  I am doing a bouquet for me & clutches with flowers attached for the maids, & that will be "all of my flowers!"

Tiger that is perfect for the show re: the HM ! I really hope you win "despite the golf course thing" lol totally kidding I know itwill be amazing and all the more better to not have to pay for a honeymoon!
  • edited December 2011
    That's hilarious...  I so never would have seen myself getting married at a golf course... I'm not much a "traditional" type for anything, but my DH and I both absolutely fell in love when we walked up to Seville where we got married. 

I totally agree on the calla lillies though!   Haha
    Photobucket

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• edited December 2011
    This is awesome! DH and I looked up Four Weddings when we were ghetting married but they hadf absolutely nothing up for Phx. Oh werll, this will be exciting to see some of our own on here! GL ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    This is awesome! DH and I looked up Four Weddings when we were getting married but they hadf absolutely nothing up for Phx. Oh werll, this will be exciting to see some of our own on here! GL ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    My application has been sent in.. wish us luck! :)
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_four-weddings-phoenix?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:6c3da797-e739-4d44-ab46-a814606351bbPost:980097e6-a2ae-413d-a914-579651e63a72">Re: Four Weddings Phoenix</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't hate me girls :) I am an avid golfer lol so its not the golf courses exactly - and I think there are tons of awesome beautiful ones in PHX. I think its just that  I see my wedding as a challenge to keep my guests saying WOW. For some people WOW means a beautiful setting like a golf course. To me it means "WOW I have never seen that before!" A golf course doesnt do that for me - beautiful option, but not for me! As for the callas lilies its the same - I think they're nice but I see them at lots of weddings and don't feel they are a unique choice that would represent my style. I actually dont care for flower arrangements they remind me of funerals more then weddings. OMG David Tutera would have a field day with me. Too bad my future MIL is a florist & offered to do "all my flowers" lol.  I am doing a bouquet for me & clutches with flowers attached for the maids, & that will be "all of my flowers!" Tiger that is perfect for the show re: the HM ! I really hope you win <strong>"despite the golf course thing"</strong> lol totally kidding I know itwill be amazing and all the more better to not have to pay for a honeymoon!
    Posted by shannonandy[/QUOTE]

<div>Ha, the way you feel about golf courses is how I feel about ballroom receptions. I feel like they all look the same, which will make for some interesting commentary from me on FW :)</div><div>
    </div><div>FutureMrsWright - GOOD LUCK! Keep us updated :)</div>

• edited December 2011
    So a May wedding is out?
    Too bad, this could be fun, even with my cala lilies and ballroom reception... :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No worries mylittlepwnies, don't hate the player hate the game.

OK that doesnt even make sense. ;)
  • sooner365sooner365 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just applied!! We are having a Winter Wonderland theme, bringing snow,ice and all to the desert!!!
  • I applied about 2 weeks ago and already filled out the full application, background, release, and completed my skype interview. My wedding is at the end of March so I should hear by Mid January.  It was definitely a unique experience going through the process. Good Luck to all of the ladies who apply!
    First Comment
    edited January 2012

I'm waiting to hear too - applied in November, first they told me I would hear in early Dec, then early Jan, now late Jan/early Feb. Sounds like they are stressing to find Jan/Feb brides so us spring gals wont know till the almost - last minute! I'm wondering if they have you go to 4 weddings 4 consecutive weekends? That sounds super stressful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards