Snarky Brides
Options

Happy Thursday

I actually had a "in class" class last night for the first time in awhile, it went well and my teacher seems like he's goign to be really good. He got an A on rate my professor!

I had firehouse for dinner, bc H ate my leftovers, that'll show him! haha

Tonight I'm making a pork roastw/ potatoes, corn, carrots, and peas w/ italian dressing in the crockpot, I'm excited! H's cousin is coming for dinner, so I figured that'd be the easiest thing to do :)

How is everyone?

Re: Happy Thursday

• Options
    Today MF turns 3! We made doggie cookies last night, and let him sample one early.
    No idea what we're doing for dinner tonight, but H isn't working today so I'll let him worry about that one.
    And Britt, Firehouse sounds delish.
  • Options
    Morning,

I ate dinner at my parents house last night then went home and went to bed at 8 it was wonderful. But it was so windy at my house this morning that the power went out so I am sure I look great this morning haha. oh well.

We aren't supposed to work as much over time right now so I get to work 4 10's! I am excited today is my Friday!

And on a side note I am really getting sick of the word snarky today.. That is all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    haha apple. Did you know they have a whole thread about us on wedding bee, we're famous.
    http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/the-knot-has-a-board-for-snarky-brides-what

Apple what do you do?

Happy birthday McFly!!!!
  • Options
    lol I just read that post and it gave me a headache. I had no idea the snarky brides board is for not engaged people. news to me.

Edie - yea that would drive me insane. It would freak me out to not come in to my first week of work anyways.

I am an Admin assistant for a mining company. I like it because I get to do so many things.
    but my contract as a contractor at this place is up in march so we will see.
  • Options
    and I love the dancing dog!
  • Options
    *sigh

Testing all day today, just in the process of modifying a test for a kid who needs changes.

Super sleepy, didn't get to sleep until after 1am, up at 630.

Going on my first snowmobile ride of the season this evening. We'll do an hour or so and then drive them to a restaurant for supper. I know I'll be sore tomorrow - it's a heavy machine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Swag, happy birthday to your pup!

Edie, that gif made me smile.  Love it!

Finally remembered to put the chicken in the crock pot this morning.  I opted for the salsa chicken recipe because we actually had all the ingredients already.  
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yup, it's just Edie and some tumbleweeds here this morning. I hope she doesn't get all snarky about it ... (see, I can play too!)

It's okay. I liked the dancing dog.

happy birthday, MF!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Morning ladies! Have a few things to do before I go put our last deposit down for our wedding. I feel like I keep writing checks, but don't get anything in return... such is life. 

I love that thread. Perfect way to start my morning with a good laugh. 

I was really good about not drinking coffee (after cutting back from 2-3 cups a day) and I've started having one again. It's just soo cold and so delicious. 
  • Options
    No- it's cold outside! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-thursday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a43ef538-9298-4fb6-b2d2-bcfb21194da1Post:e5486fbb-3e1f-4634-8c81-aa0604a8920b">Re: Happy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]lls, how are you feeling?  Any morning sickness?  Or is it too early for that?
    Posted by Edie Bee[/QUOTE]

<div>I've been feeling pretty crappy for the past few weeks.  But according to some books and articles I've read, the morning sickness tends to go away after the first trimester.  I'm REALLY hoping that's true...</div>
  • Options
    Morning ladies! I am late to the party this am. I am going to meet with the photographer this morning. Last night I made honey sesame chicken in the crock pot so it would stay warm while I picked him up. I really want to make salsa chicken but FI doesn't like salsa. Boo
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-thursday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a43ef538-9298-4fb6-b2d2-bcfb21194da1Post:79aa6cf9-28f5-4325-8290-aaf4713e1147">Re:Happy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies! I am late to the party this am. I am going to meet with the photographer this morning. Last night I made honey sesame chicken in the crock pot so it would stay warm while I picked him up. <strong>I really want to make salsa chicken but FI doesn't like salsa.</strong> Boo
    Posted by tlc35[/QUOTE]

<div>Neither of us like salsa (actually, neither of us like tomatoes) but I made it anyway.  I put the salsa in for the flavor.  We'll end up picking out the tomatoes when we eat it.  Haha.  :)</div>
  • Options
    Hmm maybe I will try it anyway. FI would also pick out the tomatoes. My understanding is that morning sickness does usually go away after first tri is over so hopefully it will for you.
  • Options
    Yeah, lls, morning sickness seldom lasts beyond the first trimester, but some unfortunate ladies have it all throughout.

Second trimester is when all the good stuff happens - you get to feel the baby kicking, but it's still tickles and their little feet aren't jammed into your ribcage ... you get more energy back (that also usually translates into heightened *ahem* urges), sometimes cravings start ... people recognize that you're actually pregnant and not just 'letting yourself go' ...

It's a great time. I loved being pregnant.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lol now I can't look at the word without giggling.
    it is such a strange word.

haha sorry..
  • Options
    lls - congrats!  I must have missed when you made your announcement.  I had evening sickness.  I felt fine all day and then nauseated at night.

Applejam - how is your mom doing post-op?

Cwag - I read other thread.  Congrats to your husband.  A good friend of mine does hair and makeup for a few shows/movies shot in Chicago and does extras work as well.  So it's really cool to see her name in the credits or to see her in a movie scene.
  • Options
    Yes Snarky, lol!

She is doing pretty good. she got her stitches out last friday the Packing in her nose has to stay but pretty good.
    We have made a few trips to the ER for shortness of breath etc. but for the most part things went smooth. :)

• Options
    Morning!

Last night was my late night at work. I was there till about 8pm. Came home and ate delicious leftovers of stuffed peppers with H and watched Top Chef. 

Random thought of the day, I kinda want this t-shirt:
    I think it will make smile and laugh quietly to myself all day. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    That shirt is hilarious Buzz.
    I am at starbucks so I can see everyone's siggy now. Yay!
  • Options
    Marrin - thanks!  I pretty much have all day sickness.  Whoever decided to call it "morning" sickness is clearly an idiot. 

Snarky really is such a strange word.
  • Options
    Honestly, I have no idea why The Knot would create a board called Snarky Brides. I don't think encouraging real snarkyness should be encouraged on wedding forums. I happy that this board isn't truly filled with those types of brides! 

But I have to say, love example number two provided in this link:
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    brittany634brittany634 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    Geez! I missed so much.

LLS- Thats what I'm not looking forward too the most-

Jenny- I've heard cravings are things pregnant women make up to eat whatever they want, idk I've never been pregnant

Apple- sounds fun, maybe they'll keep you permanently.

Edie- you're chatty this morning!!! haha and I loved the dancing dog

Buzz- That shirt is awesome, can I get one too- btw I'm totally following you on pinterest :)
  • Options
    Brittany - That is what I hope will happen too. Things are looking good so far but who knows.
    I would love to stay here.
  • Options
    Brittany, did you start following me the other day? I was wondering if the new person was you! 

Isn't Edie always chatty? I think most of us are, which is what keeps this board fun and far from Snarky. Oops, said it again. Though there may have been some snark last night on the bridesmaid shoe thread, but it was all in good fun because the OP was being ridiculous and then DD. I also secretly kinda sorta want those slippers I posted just because they're so ridiculous. 

Lls, I hope you start feeling better soon and move quickly into the fun pregnancy stage. 

• Options
    Yeah! that was me :) I think you followed me back :) I've been getting on more recently.

haha- I was so baffled at that thread, I was like REALLY

Apple- I'll cross my fingers for you, OH! when is FI coming home?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-thursday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a43ef538-9298-4fb6-b2d2-bcfb21194da1Post:615c6c64-68e3-4bd8-b538-15724214118e">Re: Happy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah! that was me :) I think you followed me back :) I've been getting on more recently. haha- I was so baffled at that thread, I was like REALLY Apple- I'll cross my fingers for you, OH! when is FI coming home?
    Posted by brittany634[/QUOTE]

ugh that part sucks.. IF the weather is good he will be back Sunday but if it is bad.. could be another week.
    I am starting to get bored. I need a gym buddy or something.
  • Options
    Apple - I've forgotten what your FI does for a living. Does he work on location, like a pipe line job? 

• Options
    Wow. I go to one meeting. And this.

Edie - I loved the dog, but I wanted to wait to see what MF thought first.
    Also - the Monopoly thing kills me. I can't even decide which one to get rid of. No likie.

LLS and Britt - My friend who just had a baby said she had way more cravings on chemo than she ever did being pregnant.

All - Who are all these people that hate salsa? Texas shames you! (Just kidding, I just really really love salsa. I eat it 5 times a week-ish)
  • Options
    Swag- I LOVE salsa too, and cheese! I hope I don't have food aversions that make me hate them when I'm preggo.

Apple- I'd be your gym buddy but thats a really far drive for me! I hope FI comes back soon, how long is he usually gone/back home for?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards