Maine

Affordable wedding venue?

I know many other's have posted about this same topic. I apologize ahead of time but it is not easy going through every single post! 

I got engaged last month and started looking at venues right away. I noticed right away that it is going to be difficult finding an affordable venue on a limited budget.  

We are thinking about getting married in October of next year. Considering we want a very short ceremony I would like the ceremony and reception to be at the same place but that is not madatory.

His family is from the Saco and mine is from Nobleboro so any venue from here to there is ideal.

If anyone has any venue ideas for us that would be great! Thank you so much!Laughing

Re: Affordable wedding venue?

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2012
    What type of venue are you looking for (ballroom, rustic, elegant/classy, unique...)? 

How many people?

What is your budget?  Affordable to one person could be way out of budget for another.

I got married at Seasons Event and Conference Center in Portland in July 2011, and another bride on this board got married there a few weeks ago.  I find their prices to be very reasonable and you can have the ceremony there (in a separate room) for no extra charge.  Tracy, the event coordinator, is amazing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My best friend got married in Saco at the Laurel Hill Chapel and had her reception at the Captain's Galley in OOB. Everything went smoothly. I didn't love the food, but there wasn't anything bad about it. She came in around 4k for the reception venue for about 130 people. 
  • Lesleyb05Lesleyb05 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Thank you for the suggestions so far. We are thinking 75 to 100 people. We are open to pretty much any inside venue. I will be completely honest. We are on a very limited budget so we don't have thousands of dollars to spend on just the venue. Thank you in advance for any ideas you may have.
  • If I took away the "extras" that I had for my reception (fancier linens, a cocktail hour with apps and $500 worth of open bar, etc.), my reception would have cost me under $3000 for 85ish people.  That includes the rental of the venue for the entire day (two rooms if you wanted to have your ceremony there), serving staff, food, tables, chairs, dishes, (some places make you rent your own), a free room on the wedding night, and an event coordinator.  It doesn't include cake, DJ, photographer, etc.  It was one of the least expensive but nicer places I was able to find when I got married last year.  The only cheaper place I found that included all of those things in the Portland area was Keeley the Katerer - which is a banquet hall in Portland.  I didn't look beyond Portland, so I'm not aware of other places in the region you mentioned.

If that amount is still beyond your budget, you might want to consider finding a place that offers discounts for Friday or Sunday weddings, or having a reception earlier in the day where brunch or appetizers could be served instead of an evening reception where guests will be expecting a dinner-sized meal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are getting married at Poland Spring in Poland Spring, October of 13, they give you the coice to have the ceremony outside in the gazebo or in the chapel, the reception is right there at the inn.  DJ, catering, cake cutting fees, and $100 flower credit all inculded, can have up to 200 Guests here is the website  http://www.polandspringresort.com/weddings.html
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_affordable-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:bbe9529b-0a0c-4a48-8f63-43b421c8342bPost:666ec3d2-9dd6-4fc0-bdcd-76cdb9472581">Affordable wedding venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know many other's have posted about this same topic. I apologize ahead of time but it is not easy going through every single post!  I got engaged last month and started looking at venues right away. I noticed right away that it is going to be difficult finding an affordable venue on a limited budget.   We are thinking about getting married in October of next year. Considering we want a very short ceremony I would like the ceremony and reception to be at the same place but that is not madatory. His family is from the Saco and mine is from Nobleboro so any venue from here to there is ideal. If anyone has any venue ideas for us that would be great! Thank you so much!
    Posted by Lesleyb05[/QUOTE]

<div>you should check out Wolfes neck farm in freeport. They have an indoor area and a lawn to haev the reception outdoors if that is what you like. They were very reasonable with their rates and the lady was really nice that i contacted. <a href="http://wolfesneckfarm.org/" rel="nofollow">http://wolfesneckfarm.org/</a></div>
  • You can try these two:

Masonic Temple in Portland, Maine
    Mariner's Church Banquet Center

Hope this helps!

Kristina
    www.purpleorchidevents.biz

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards