Florida-Central Florida

# of photographers

Ladies

We are working on narrowing down our photographer choices, and need your views on if we should have 1 photographer or 2?

Pros & Cons

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
225 image Invited
127 image Making the Trip
98 image Missing out
0 image MIA
RSVP date February 19th

Re: # of photographers

• Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's nice to have two if it's within your budget but it's not necessary.  A lot of top photographers bring an assistant with to take extra pictures but they don't charge you for it because it's not a second photographer with the same degree of experience, etc. as they have.  I'd rather choose a really good photographer with an assistant than a studio or something that assigns you two experienced photographers but you don't know them that well or they aren't as experienced. 
  • edited December 2011
    We're having two photographers, but it is more because of the number of guests we will have. I was told that over 150 guests, you should have a second photographer. Gives you more pictures of your guests, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    thats a good point with the number of people, we will have close to 200!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, if you are having close to 200 people it is suggested that you have 2 photographers.  For weddings with like 100 people I think its nice to have 2 but have been told by photogs that it is not really necessary since they end up getting alot of the same shots.  I am not sure about that though and still am getting 2.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with what the others are saying... Our wedding is quite small  so we only need one photographer, but if we were having a larger wedding we would definitely use 2 or a photographer and an assistant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards