October 2013 Weddings

How far in your planning are you?

I'm on my iPhone so I won't be able to post pics but here's my list:

Venue booked
Cake is included with venue
Photographer reserved
STD's are done
I have a mock centerpiece on my dining room table that I stare at and when I get an idea I add to it. Lol it started off as branches in my front lawn.
Church basket for programs done
Flower girl baskets done
Chalkboard for church is done
Ringbearer box done
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How far in your planning are you?

• kg8807kg8807 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    So, you want to come plan mine for me? lol
    I have my dress, venue, and photographer's booked.
  • Venues
    Photographer
    DJ
    Centerpieces
    Bouquets
    Boutineers
    BM hair clips
    Shoes
    Invites (sort of)
    Card birdcage
    Dress
    Candy Buffet

• Lol! You got the important stuff done! I've been getting stuff at the thrift stores and doing a lot of DIY to cut costs
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Venue
    Officiant
    DJ
    Cake 
    Centerpieces
    Dress
    Shoes-ceremony and reception shoes
    Veil 
    Photographer
    Invites-came with our venue, though I have to do the STD's separately. 
    Menu-still debating one entree but after the next tasting we'll have it settled
    MUA/hair stylist (Though she might be going to Europe around that date and if so we have to find a new one)
    Favors(well the containers for them, we won't buy the candy until closer to the date)
    Tuxes
    Brooches are bought and ready to be put together for the bouquet
    First song finalized

Phew. Writing it all out made me realize just how much is done. :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is awesome!!! You go girl!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Venue
    Photographer
    Videographer
    BM Dresses Selected
    Ceremony Music
    STDs
    Cake
    Caterer
    Guest List FINALIZED (We capped them off)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • Wow, you ladies are on point! Venue DJ A couple of dress choices Started the guest list candy buffet for favors I keep saying I have a lot of time, but I guess I really don't.
  • Venue (cake is included with the venue)
    guest list has been started but not finalized yet
    Photobooth
    DJ
    Invites are picked out (waiting to order them until the wedding is cloder)
    STD's are done (did them myself)
    My dress is ordered
    Favors (we are doing candy apples so these won't be completed until the week of)

We did have our photographer but we had some disagreements and we didn't seem to click so we are meeting with a new one tomorrow...hopefully this one works out better for us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • In Response to Re:How far in your planning are you?:[QUOTE]Venue cake is included with the venueguest list has been started but not finalized yetPhotoboothDJInvites are picked out waiting to order them until the wedding is cloderSTD's are done did them myselfMy dress is orderedFavors we are doing candy apples so these won't be completed until the week ofWe did have our photographer but we had some disagreements and we didn't seem to click so we are meeting with a new one tomorrow...hopefully this one works out better for us! Posted by millersox2184[/QUOTE]

We are making apples too! There is a farm close by where we would get 100 for 8!!! :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_how-far-in-your-planning-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:c141001a-e4ed-4d52-b884-ea78e4a46cc2Post:394713d5-f7fc-41d4-a928-caef0489fa20">Re:How far in your planning are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:How far in your planning are you?: We are making apples too! There is a farm close by where we would get 100 for 8!!! :
    Posted by Janagringo2013[/QUOTE]

That is really cheap!  I will have to look into that as well, there have to be some apple orchards around here were I can get a lot of them for a good price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • WOW!! Maybe I need to get a move on.  I have Venue and photographer booked.  

Doing A LOT of DIY including almost all homebrew beer (we will have a few standard kegs for those bud light/coors drinkers).  Brewed the first 10 gallons this week- it's a beer that will better as it ages over a year.  
  • We have been kind of at a standstill.  I have a photographer, venue, DJ, uplighting and photobooth.  I have been looking at makeup artists.  I contacted one that I really want but she does not book until May of next year for October weddings.  I am going to have her do my engagement pictures makeup though this October just to make sure I like it.  I don't plan on dress shopping until October either.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • sloaner09sloaner09 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    Church booked
    Reception venue booked 
    DJ booked
    Photographer will be decided tomorrow
    brooch boquet about 75% done
    Invitation suite 50% designed
    Guest list almost finalized

Our reception venue includes the cake, so no hiring needed there.  
    Not dress shopping until December as I am losing weight and also can't get the people I really want to be there together until then.
  • Venue- includes cake
    DJ
    Photog
    STD's
    Hotel/shuttles for guests
    MOH/BM asked (only attendants we're having)

Right now we're focusing on a ceremony location since our venue doesn't have any usable outdoor space and we really want to have it outside if possible. But taking everything else pretty slow and steady. Oh yeah and Saving! Saving! Saving!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ceremony/reception venues booked
    Photographer booked
    STDs picked out but not ordered
    Guest list finalized

Currently putting together some Pinterest boards with cake, dress, invitation, and floral/decor ideas. We aren't doing much DIY. I don't need that kind of stress.
  • Reception hall booked
    My dress is purchased
    Colors chosen
    Attendants chosen and asked
    List nearly finalized

That's what we have done.  My FI and I went to one bridal show and plan to attend another next month.  We have done a lot of talking/dreaming/web surfing about cakes, invitations, honeymoons, flowers, and decor.  We are not worrying about favors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Venue booked
    and contract/quote for the florist and caterer received. Next step is paying the deposits for those, most likely within the next month or so.

Also currently working on booking the honeymoon.

Reading the other posts here makes me feel totally behind :( lol

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

weddingcountdown.com Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards