Virginia
Options

Dairy-Free Cake

Hey... I'm wondering if anyone has heard of a baker in the Hampton Roads area who will make a dairy-free or vegan wedding cake??

I'm severely allergic to dairy but would like to eat my own wedding cake??
Thanks.

Re: Dairy-Free Cake

• Options
    maria1012maria1012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know its just a grocery store, but Whole Foods does make vegan wedding cakes, if you have one close by. I was browsing through their wedding cake book the other day and they are pretty cute cakes too. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks... That's at least an option!!
  • Options
    vbbride2010vbbride2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always have a "bride's cake" made instead of a groom's cake... and just buy the mix they have at the store... that way everyone else can still eat normal cake :).  My friend's son is allergic to milk and I made him a pretty awesome cake using the mix from the organic section at Farm Fresh.
  • Options
    carolec01carolec01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Hampton Roads and in the same boat - no dairy!  Most bakeries who can do kosher cakes can do non-dairy (particularly because most reception meals include some meat).  There is one locally who I heard good things about - i think her name is Maysi (sorry that's not more specific).  I could repost if needed.  I also read on Yelp that Emily at the Gourmet Bake Shoppe has done non-dairy in the past, and the reviewer was really happy with it.  I'm going to check them out, too!

My family lives in Tampa (where there is a Whole Foods - I think the closest one to HR is in Charlottesville) - although I love some of their baked goods, I always seem to find their cake dry, so I'd defintiely do a tasting to see if it is up your alley.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards