Snarky Brides
Options

it's tuesday

2»

Re: it's tuesday

• Options
    I didn't go lol, it was the day before thanksgiving and I was EXTREMELY sick- I had caught the jamicaian plague. lol
  • Options
    Cake makes everything better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    Brittany, cute new sig pic!

I hate the over sharing on Facebook too. I don't care so much about wedding stuff. A little count down here and there is fine, or posting engagement pics, etc. I find multiple ultrasound photos creepy, but I'll let one slide. What I can't stand is over sharing about sore boobs, bodily functions because of pregnancy, and bodily functions of their kids. Seriously, why would you ever post that on Facebook? I've also had to stop following some people who only post photos with inspirational quotes every single day, multiple times. Ok, end rant.

I think I NEED those cranky pants. 

H and I never go out on Valentine's Day. We usually cook ourselves a decadent dinner instead. It's often good steaks and a yummy side dish or two. Maybe this year we'll break out china for the first time with our candle sticks. H used to send me things at work which was very cute and appreciated. But I know how overpriced and expensive Valentines Day things are, so I said I just prefer spending time with him over anything else. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2013
    Morning. Tough week to be back at work. Not excited. Bleck.

Buzz, I agree about baby oversharing. I had one friend going as far as to talk about her mucus plug coming loose, and gave play by play of her dialation during her labor. Barf. Keep that ish to yourself. I don't give a ratsass about your cervix. 

Sorry, I'm seriously cranky today. Pass the pants. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Buzz, I think I've posted this before for you- but have you heard of the STFU Parents blog? Histerical. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:87f2a799-a749-4da7-8407-844ccde143fePost:33aad51c-2d77-47d0-958a-76962dc53587">Re: it's tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning. Tough week to be back at work. Not excited. Bleck. Buzz, I agree about baby oversharing. <strong>I had one friend going as far as to talk about her mucus plug coming loose, and gave play by play of her dialation during her labor. </strong>Barf. Keep that ish to yourself. I don't give a ratsass about your cervix.  Sorry, I'm seriously cranky today. Pass the pants. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh dear lord, that is WAY TMI!  Why on earth would a person want to post things like this on FB?  </div><div>
    </div><div>I really don't get the over sharing.  On top of wedding and pregnancy things, I also have people who share what they're eating for dinner every night, who post their weights and miscellaneous workout info, and who make their fights with their spouses public knowledge.  Just... why???  I post a lot of pictures because I'm really into photography.  I might update my status once or twice a month and it's usually something completely random, like about a TV show or something unimportant.</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:87f2a799-a749-4da7-8407-844ccde143fePost:5b7b059c-438f-44da-ad73-2134c0aa45d9">Re: it's tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Buzz, I think I've posted this before for you- but have you heard of the STFU Parents blog? Histerical. 
    Posted by misssunshine17[/QUOTE]

<div>I remember you saying something about this before, but no, I haven't checked it out yet. One of these days I should! </div><div>
    </div><div>I will admit that I occasionally post about what I'm making for dinner. I don't really know why, but at the moment I'm posting it, it seems fine to do so. Often people ask for the recipe, and then I'll share it with them. I talk about food and cooking a lot on and off FB. So I guess for me it's more of the norm and not so much as a random FB post?</div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Buzz, if I make something pretty awesome and I'm proud of it, I'll post it (with pictures, too!).  But I know people who post what they're eating literally every day.  
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's all about moderation! Like yay, you're getting married, of course update the status! But every damn decision afterward- eek. I know a girl that posted photos with options you could give your opinion on- like seriously, uhg. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:87f2a799-a749-4da7-8407-844ccde143fePost:44eb7d24-a8aa-4f82-846e-4e4f2c6594c1">Re: it's tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's all about moderation! Like yay, you're getting married, of course update the status! But every damn decision afterward- eek.<strong> I know a girl that posted photos with options you could give your opinion on</strong>- like seriously, uhg. 
    Posted by misssunshine17[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow. What a crazy. </div><div>
    </div><div>A girl who got engaged shortly after me recently posted a picture of her contract for her church. It's just so weird to me. </div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    hey all - hope everyone had a good long weekend.

The people on my FB that overshare, I've learned to just unsubscribe to their posts. Way easier that way.

I'm with you swag, I think the gender reveal parties are fun, but the ones I've been to are similar to what you described, very low key.

I'm sick again! It feels like strep throat is back, which makes no sense since I was on antibiotics for them. UGH. I'm not sure I'll last being at work the whole day feeling like crap. This meant for literally sleeping all day yesterday and not even getting to enjoy my day off.

However, on Saturday, I was feeling fine and FI and I went to register. I seriously had an amazing day with him (it was nice to get some alone time and a break from DD).
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    what are these DD acranyms? I know its a child, but what does it ACTUALLY stand for lol (sp)
  • Options
    AND on a side note, I started weight watchers today, wish me luck :)
  • Options
    I believe DD stands for Dear Daughter. I've also seen it for Dear Husband as well.

Good luck Britt with starting WW! I advise getting all unhealthy out of your house! H and I fell off the wagon a bit this weekend with all the glutoness birthday eating and now there are still too many tasty unhealthy treats around our house, left by people who brought them for the party. I know we should just throw them away, but instead we eat them. 

Tiffany, congrats on registering. We had so much fun doing ours. And then when things start getting purchased off of it, it made it even better. I was a habitual registry stalker. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:87f2a799-a749-4da7-8407-844ccde143fePost:93aa65a1-88d5-4198-94ef-53d9de3ef6fb">Re: it's tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I believe DD stands for Dear Daughter. I've also seen it for Dear Husband as well. Good luck Britt with starting WW! I advise getting all unhealthy out of your house! H and I fell off the wagon a bit this weekend with all the glutoness birthday eating and now there are still too many tasty unhealthy treats around our house, left by people who brought them for the party. I know we should just throw them away, but instead we eat them.  Tiffany, congrats on registering. We had so much fun doing ours. And then when things start getting purchased off of it, it made it even better. I <strong>was a habitual registry stalker. 
    </strong>Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

haha Buzz, ME TOO!! my H was like you're ruining it, and I was like the person who bought it was the surprise! :)
  • Options
    I would go on our registries and look at the COUNT of what was purchased, but not which items. That was enough for me to be surprised.
  • Options
    Yup, DD is dear daughter, DS is dear son, DH is dear husband...

I'm still on the fence about registering. We'd have to do it all online (of course). Must bring it up to FI this evening and see what he thinks. His brain is so funny - I was trying to get him to pick a meal for the wedding, and he just kept saying, "how do I know what I want to eat in AUGUST?"

We're having roast beef.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LOL, Jenny that's hilarious! I get it though... I agree with all the over sharing on FB, my cousin recently posted a play by play of her 3 month old's 'pooping face', she almost got blocked for that one!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh hell no on the US.  Of course back in the day when I was birthing babies, ultrasounds were only done if the OB thought there was a problem with the pregnancy.  The word "ultrasound" was enough to scare the fetus out of you.

Brit - cute new pic.

I had first (and last) personal training session last night.  We did a core workout and I am in pain today.  I think I'll stick with my treadmill, elliptical and various machines.  I felt much more vital after my Saturday workout on my own than last nights.  I know I would get used to it and feel even better for it, but #1 it's a little cost prohibitive and #2 I really like my machines. Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards