Wedding Woes

People are lying liars who lie. Also, ::zsa::

Well, not you guys.

H called and no, they do not automatically take your car. People are idiots.

zsa - what does having a salvage title mean, in real life every day as it might apply to me? Like, would it be a pain when trying to donate the car? A pain when trying to sell the car? (someone mentioned that).

I know getting a new title would suck nuts, as I JUST DID THAT! But, if I can get 2K, it might be worth the bother.

Re: People are lying liars who lie. Also, ::zsa::

• I have no idea. I haven't tried to sell my car yet.  I am thinking that is just an FYI for future buyers, but that is just a guess.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OK. Good to know. Would the Click & Clack guys know?
  • DD got rear-ended a few years ago in our old 89 camaro, it was like a tank!  The man's insurance company totaled it, we could get $2600 if we turned in the car or $2000 if we kept.  We kept it and she drove it another year then we sold it with the salvage title for $1800.  There was no problems, we told the buyer upfront and had the title on hand since it was paid for.
  • Pegasus - thanks for the info! We are changing our deductible from $100 to $500, so we are sitting on a decision for now. H suggested waiting for the next hail storm and then totaling it then, when we can pocket an extra $400.

I feel a little weird about a salvage title, so I am going to have to do more research. I am sure it is fine, but I have never heard about it before, so I am suspect. I have stranger danger to the nth degree, apparently.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards