Maine

i have finally chosen a venue.... NOW

i chose my venue but now i am wondering what kind of food i should have?? i'm doing a barn wedding.. so i kind of want something that will go with the rustic/country theme... any thoughts?! / caterers that people like or have used?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: i have finally chosen a venue.... NOW

• Something bbq-ish?  Or are you looking for nicer?

I don't remember who, but a few people have used Famous Daves and really liked it.

If you're looking for something a little nicer but with pretty awesome prices, Foodworks (India St in Portland) caters and has amazing food.  They offer all different types of entrees and casseroles, full service waitstaff if necessary, etc.  My H was their children's pre-school teacher - super nice couple that owns it. 

http://www.foodworks.freei.me/Home.html
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ive heard famous daves was pretty good! i wouldnt mind bbq im not to into the super fancy dinners! i will also check out the other one you recomended though!

i ended up choosing the chandler house barn.... its just totally what i imagine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our caterers were out of Bethel, Maine which is about an hour or so from there and I believe they do travel.  They are called The Good Food Store and the food was amazing!!!  We just wanted really good food, not banquet stuff, and it was amazing.  I can't wait to make another trip up to Bethel to have them cook for us again!
    Married 9.4.11
  • When I think of "farm" I think of made from scrach type cooking.  Country fried chicken, ham, potato salad, corn on the cob, watermelon, pies, ribs, beans, biscuits, lemonade, etc.  Not sure it that would work, but thought I'd put it out there for you.
  • @HE&ME i totally agree with you! all that food sounds amazing! i will have to look into caterers with this type of style i am looking for!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is similar to what we are doing. We are haivn a pig roast with all the fixings. I think it fits the barn theme nicely!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used Famous Daves. The food is still raved about, the service was great, and the coordinator Hope was a dream. Did I mention that they are dirt cheap? Like shockingly cheap. PM me if you want more info.
  • jelenybeany- i sent you a pm!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards