New Hampshire

Local Bridal Gown Store Reviews

I just purchased my dress after going to many local stores, and figured that I would share my experiences with any brides who have yet to shop for the dress!

David's Bridal-Nashua, NH: Although many people have bad experiences at DB, mine was great.  I scheduled an appointment in advance during the week.  The store was pretty dead.  My consultant listened to everything I *thought* I wanted, and helped me to realize that I was wrong.  She was patient, understanding, and very helpful.  I found that they had a good selection of dresses at a variety of price points, and my consultant never pressured me to buy.
Rating: A-

Country Bridals-Jaffrey, NH: This store was recommended by a friend so I figured I should check it out.  Physically, it is a small space, but they had numerous designers to choose from and a good range of prices as well.  I found the consultant I worked with to not be very helpful.  Although the store was dead, there were numerous times that she was MIA and my friends were lacing my dresses up.  Dresses were great, but service was lacking.
Rating: B

Modern Bride-Bedford, NH: This was another store that came highly recommended, but I was leery because I figured the prices would be sky-high, and driving by the location seemed small to me.  Boy was I wrong!  This was by far the best selection of dresses, the nicest most relaxing atmosphere, and the widest range of prices.  Plus they have a pretty substantial rack that has sample dresses for 80% off the original ticket price!  Many of the new dresses include a bustle and press.  My consultant was SO HELPFUL and down to earth.  I felt so comfortable there.  I think all brides in the NH area should check out Modern Bride!
Rating: A+

Marry & Tux-Nashua, NH: I had heard great things about this store, but was very disappointed.  The website says dresses start at $600, but the consultant I worked with said they began at $800.  I found the selection to be severely lacking.  I had two friends with me, and in a matter of 10 minutes we had looked through all of the dresses with nothing that I even wanted to try on.  Very disappointing.  The service seemed okay for the 10 minutes we were there, but overall I don't really understand what people see in this place.
Rating: C

Chantilly Place-Lowell, MA: Another recommendation.  Once again, I found that this location did not have a great variety of dresses, and this was a short trip.  The girl downstairs was more than helpful with me and had a great, friendly personality.  I knew what I wanted for a dress though, and although the consultant showed me some similar gowns, they weren't quiite right for me.
Rating: B

So those are my experiences.  As you can imagine, I ended up purchasing my dress from Modern Bride.  The staff there was amazing both times I went, and I really cannot say enough about the selection of dresses, the layout of the store, the prices for any budget, and the little extras offered by this store.

Good luck to all those who are still searching for their dress!  

imageimage

Re: Local Bridal Gown Store Reviews

• edited December 2011
    I also got my dress at Modern Bride.  Congrats!
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  We bought all of our dresses at the Modern Bride, (bridal gown AND bridesmaid dresses)  Love them!  Fantastic selection and customer service.

Their alterations are a bit pricey though--budget between $200-$250 in your planning.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • amanda489amanda489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help! I will be dress shopping soon so I will keep this in mind =)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations on finding your dress!...such a great check!  Thanks for the reveiws too!  I've already purchased my dress but will be going to Marry & Tux this week to look at BM dresses.  My friend had a negative experience there while shopping for her gown but I've heard some good reviews as well and figure it's worth a shot.
  • dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Modern Bride as well and loved them :)
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011

Thank you so much...I will be dress shopping soon.

I tried some dresses on at Davids Bridal and I had the worst service ever the girl kept trying to get me to buy the Vera Wang White but after i looked back at the pictures the dress was nothing to call home about. Also she was very rude to my family and friend  what were with me.(only had three with me. Mom MOH and Aunt). So that put me off of trying on dresses for a bit. I do have the time so it ok.

I had a really bad experience with Mary and Tux. Serveral years back when my cousin got married.I was like a size 2 and they ordered me a size 10 i was floored.They said it was due to my height. I am only 5'3 so they lied they wanted me to bring it to them to do the alterations which they charge an arm and a leg to do.Thank goodness my Aunt knows how to do alterations and took the dress entirely apart, and cut off about a foot off the bottom for the hem.(and that was with 3 in heels)

So when I start dress shopping again in a month or so I will go to Modern Bride in Bedford.

Thanks Again.

• edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Madeline's Daughter in Portsmouth, NH.  Super professional and very friendly staff.  My consultant Kerri was so patient and attentive.  They have a wide variety of styles and a good range of prices.  I had such a great experience there.  Definitely worth making an appointment if your dress shopping in NH!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a bit late to this post, but I haven't started dress shopping yet, and what everyone has mentioned here about certain places is pretty consistent from what I'm hearing as well.  Thanks for posting!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SquirklSquirkl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to say it was the first and only place I went to for wedding dresses.  My wedding date is 08/04/2011, and I am in love with Maggie Sottero dresses.  They were holding a Maggie Sottero trunk show, and thought I would just go and look.  I went by myself and didnt take anyone with me.  From the moment I walked in to when I walked out,  they were extremely kind, patient, and welcoming.  My consultant Sarah was absolutely great ! I would not want her work and kindness going un noticed.  She made me feel very comfortable, and ended up helping my try on dresses.  I tried on several, and she was patient with me.  She provided her opinion which was greatly appreciated since I was by myself.  She was considerate and very nice ! Their prices are not bad at all very reasonable considering how beautiful thier selection of dresses are.  I would definately recommend this bridal shop to anyone ! They made my experience stress free and wonderful ! A ++
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards