Connecticut

Custom Travel Agency

out of Wallingford, CT.

I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of weary about using a travel agency as compared to booking our honeymoon ourselves. Pros/ Cons? Do they really get better deals then what I could find on the web?

Anyone used them before? Feedback Please- and Thanks! :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Custom Travel Agency

• edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about this particular agency but I understand your wariness of using an agency. We used one and I am so happy with all she has done for us. She found deals and prices I don't think we would have been able to find ourselves. Let me know if you want her name and number.
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about the agency itself but I've heard that it's actually best to book your honeymoon WITH an agency (but go with a very reputable one). 
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Carrie Travel out of Milford. My parents have been using them for 25 years and actually booked THEIR honeymoon with them 25 years ago. We decided last-minute that we wanted to go on a honeymoon and they really came through for us. They were on the phone for almost an hour trying to get a good deal for us. There was no way that we could have done this on our own. They also didn't cost anything (not sure if other agencies charge), but they did all the work and we didn't pay them a cent!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I was looking to use this one because you can register with them. So, for your shower, rather then people buying you toasters, they can donate $$ towards your honeymoon -- which i think is an awesome idea (and the only way we will be able to go on one! lol)
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my father used Custom Travel for a surprise trip to san fransisco for my mother. He says that he had a really good experience, and they helped him out a lot.

we're planning on using a travel agency to help us book our honeymoon, but we're expecting to have a very active roll in all of the decisions. pretty much, i feel more comfortable using an agency so that we can make sure everything matches up and goes right.
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PLEASE don't register for your honeymoon.   If you do:

1) Please register at a brick and mortar store like BB&B for those who want to give you something rather than money.

2) Please register with one that doesn't take a cut of your guests' money.  Some use a percentage so a guest who gave $100 will wind up only giving you $93 after service fees.

3) Please make sure you can pay for your honeymoon if you don't use one.  Otherwise, what will you do if you don't get enough donations?  That's not fair to your guests.
  • edited December 2011
    Well, we booked it with them. Veronica was nice and knew what she was doing. She will be at the Aqua Turf show Sunday if anyone wants to go meet her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards