Wedding Party
Options

Flower Girls

So, my fiance has two of the cutest little girl cousins ever! One is 10 and the other is 7. I absolutely adore them, and vice versa! So, I want both of them to be my flower girls. But, I want to ask them in a really cute way to make them feel extra special! We are getting married on Halloween of next year, at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado. Any ideas on how I could ask them in a really fun way? I'm sure their mom has already told them, but I want it to come from me. :)

Re: Flower Girls

• Options
    1) Be sure to check with their parents first.
    2) Wait until closer to the wedding, like within 3-6 months out.  Kids have a short concept of time, they're not going to be excited about something that's a good percentage of their lifetime away.
    3) Since you're getting married on Halloween, I'd maybe present them each with a flower girl basket filled with some candy.  But remember, it doesn't have to be a big production, they'll be excited just to BE asked, not necessarily because of how you asked.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Ditto aerin, maybe wait a while so the whole "next year" thing doesn't throw them off.

Candy is a good idea, or take them out for ice cream.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, good ideas!
  • Options

You could do a scavenger hunt of wedding related items.  IE look for a white dress (assuming they have a white dress in their closets, or mom does) then have the next clue there for the next item to be found also keeping in mind the wedding theme.  After 4 or 5 clues, lead them to a treasure chest or a sign that says would you be my flower girl?  Be sure to explain to them what this means as some little girls don't know.  Have fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards