Connecticut
Options

Affordable Barn for wedding in CT

Me and my fianc are want to get married in a barn, have a farm style wedding. But we are on a tight budget. I've looked at some barn venues in ct but they are really expensive. Does anyone have or know someone with a big empty barn or farm/ranch that would be willing to let us use it?

Anywhere in ct would work. Preferably south west ct. Thank you!

Re: Affordable Barn for wedding in CT

• Options
    Wood Acre Farm (clicky) isn't mentioned a lot on here, but I came across them in my research.

Webb Barn is obviously a popular choice. 

There's also the Barns at Wesleyan Hill.

Country Loft Antiques (clicky) is new and has a barn. Don't know much about them, though.  

Good luck! 
  • Options
    My friend is getting married at The Barns at Wesleyan Hill.  I have heard good things about it, but I'm not sure about the affordability.
  • Options
    We are getting married at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills in April. FI and I fell in love with it when we saw it. The grounds are beautiful! I don't know what your budget is, the barns has a site fee along with a per person charge. I would check out webb barn which I have also heard great things about and Wrights Mill Farm. HTH!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are getting married at the Webb Barn in Wethersfield. It is $3,500 to rent the barn and its grounds on a Saturday, not including anything else except tables (small!) and chairs (confrence-y). With the addition of a caterer and renting other chairs, we are spending quite a bit more per person than we had expected (PM me with you want more details). I would also suggest the Dudley Farm in Guilford. It can only hold 80 people (and realistically I think it is 60 people comfortably). The quoted us $1,700 to rent the space. http://www.dudleyfarm.com/munger.htm

Good luck!
  • Options
    We are getting married at Wright's Mill Farm next year and we couldn't be happier about our decision.  I have heard great things about the food and the grounds are gorgeous.  The prices are very reasonable per person depending on which package you get and they have 3 different places where you can have the reception.  We are also having our ceremony there by a waterfall.  Good luck in your search!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • Options
    kayla2536kayla2536 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I'm having a Friday wedding at Webb Barn 1 year from today! It's $2,500 for 4 hours, plus $500 per hour up to 2 extra hours, which I will be doing as well, so $3,500. I LOVED the Barns at Wesleyan Hills but not for $20,000! 
  • Options
    Not sure where you are or what your guest # looks like, but the Dudley Farm in Guilford, CT is affordable.  Low site fee and you rent the other items so you can price out food, tables etc. and get the best price.
  • Options
    We had ours at the Webb Barn on a Friday and all in all it was reasonable.
  • Options
    How much does the wrights farm average in cost?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards