Honeymoon Discussions

Trip insurance

Hi everyone !
So we finally booked our honeymoon 11 night in positano sorrento and Capri , Italy ! My question is , is it better to buy trip insurance through the agent or one of the websites. Also does it include flights or is that separate ? Thanks !
Sara
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Trip insurance

• edited February 2013
    Use insuremytrip.com and compare different companies. It is what we used for our trip to London and Paris. Very great!

Make sure you get one that includes the flights and any weather related delays.

• Definitely compare prices.  We just booked a trip to Italy as well through Costco, and they offered it very cheaply (as long as you purchased it before your final payment is due).  We compared other policies through insuremytrip, and while I still thought their prices were worth it due to the expense of the trip, buying it through the booking agent was significantly cheaper.
    Anniversary
  • Insuremytrip dot com is a great resource.  The insurance can include the flight but it doesn't have to.  You do need to compare.  For young people the prices usually aren't bad.  We went to Irelend last year with my then 83 year old father.  The insurance offered through the TA was better & cheaper than anything I could find for him elsewhere.  The insurance for DH & I combined was less than 1/2 of what the TA was charging for us individually. 

• not only do you need to compare prices but you need to compare coverages, terms, limits and exclusions.
    i've used insuremytrip.com for years-did 3 trips to italy with it.

• Hi @dazyabbey Thanks for the reference, Its good to know they have this kind of services, just like @firewaterx Me and my fiance were planning to book a flight to Paris. This is great. Thank again !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards