Wedding Party

Groomsman Jerseys

So after trying forever to think of an interesting present for my groomsmen, I think I'm going to try to get them some customized jerseys.

And now I'm trying to find my way around on these boards to ask...has anyone done this before?  Anyone know any good places to go for good deals on something like this?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Groomsman Jerseys

• Customized how?  Jerseys of their favorite team?  Or jerseys with your name and wedding date?  Also, are you the groom in this situation?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Guys can get rather particular about their jerseys.  Do you know their sizes, favorite teams, etc?
    Anniversary
  • I bought MH a New Jersey Devils hockey jersey a couple years ago. I think I bought it straight from the NHL Online Shop to be safe. The major sports leagues should all have an online store - check each team's website for a link.

Try Eastbay as well. I bought myself a jersey with no name or numbers on it, and for my birthday MH brought it to the team store at the Devils' arena and they put my name on the back. Eastbay is reliable.

Another option might be to buy a jersey on eBay and get someone to iron on the letters and numbers. That all depends on the seller, though ... I bought a Red Sox jersey from eBay once and it was incredibly fake. But I have found pretty good jerseys at Marshall's/TJ Maxx once in a while.

There's a Sports board on the Nest, so maybe they know of another good website. For recommendations on local shops in your area, ask your local Knot or Nest board. Or do a search on Yelp.com.
  • BeeBee22BeeBee22 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Unless you're getting each one a jersey he doesn't have of a player he likes, I really think it's something a guy would side-eye in a huge way. 
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_groomsman-jerseys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:030832ba-f359-4662-bc70-f6692cb8438ePost:f13bf9c9-2659-4dce-b180-52c1666e914d">Re: Groomsman Jerseys</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unless you're getting each one a jersey he doesn't have of a player he likes, I really think it's something a guy would side-eye in a huge way. 
    Posted by BeeBee22[/QUOTE]

To be fair, most of the guys I hang out with have a personalized jersey, including my husband, and I always see a ton of these when I go to hockey games. I don't think it's a very unusual thing.

Most of my friends and MH have their last names on their jerseys - some of them even have multiple jerseys. I've seen people at Devils games wearing jerseys that say "Santa," "Cowbell Guy" and "D. Puddy" :)

But I definitely agree to make sure that each guy would really like this, and if you're getting a real player's name on the jersey make sure it's a player that he likes.

<strong>ETA, as a response to people saying not to do this:</strong> MH and our guys friends get together for nearly every Giants game during the football season, and they all wear a jersey. MH and I always wear our hockey jerseys when we go to hockey games, and so do our other friends when we go with them. We all wore our Giants jerseys to the victory parade in NYC when they won the Super Bowl a few years back.

MH and the other guys don't wear jerseys as a regular shirt when they're out grocery shopping or hanging out or whatever, so maybe that's why a lot of you are saying that guys won't wear jerseys? Or do you mean that you think they won't wear jerseys even on a game day?
  • I can't tell if you're a man or a woman, OP. 

If you're a woman and the bride, YOU don't buy anything for HIS groomsmen. They are his friends and therefore, his gifts to buy.

If you are a man and the groom, then I am still side eyeing it. Why do you have to get them all jerseys? Even if they like to wear jerseys, why? If they all LOVE sports and you can find them every Monday night watch football and every summer going to baseball games, then sure, but I find it hard to believe that EVERY one of your friends likes sports enough to own a jersey.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Stina, I'm going to play devil's advocate here...because all of my FI's GM DO, in fact, all watch football (usually at our house!) and probably would love a gift like this...we'd actually considered getting them for our whole WP because we're all Steelers fans and all of my BMs thought it was a good idea as well...

The downside, however, is that personalized jerseys can get expensive...
  • Well, that's why I said (or at least I thought I said) that if everyone LOVES a sport, do it. If some of them like it, only get it for those that like it. Ok, maybe I didn't say that....damn it!
    My Planning Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_groomsman-jerseys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:030832ba-f359-4662-bc70-f6692cb8438ePost:15bebf70-e63d-4f2b-be18-4be92a9c055c">Re: Groomsman Jerseys</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, that's why I said (or at least I thought I said) that if everyone LOVES a sport, do it. If some of them like it, only get it for those that like it. Ok, maybe I didn't say that....damn it!
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

<div>I can understand why it could be hard to believe that all of a groom's GM would appreciate a gift like that the same, but knowing my FI's guys (and all of my girls, too), they'd all love it, so I guess I'm just going off of what I know :)</div><div>
    </div><div>It's cool, though :)</div>
  • haha, only one of our bp members was crazy about sports, and I got her rockies tickets! lol I actually was thinking about getting her a jersey early in the planning, but I figured she already had one and that it'd be silly.
    My Planning Bio
  • Us crazy Pittsburghers are all about sports...ok, well the Steelers and Penguins at least...although there are an amazingly stout group who still root for the Pirates, even if they are terrible ;)
  • If you decide to go the Jerseys route, don't put anything on it.  This includes your names, wedding anything, their names or even names of players on the team that you are buying.  Nothing is worse than having a jersey of a specific player that one day will not be on the team.  Think Brett Farve and Green Bay.  The only thing worse would be Team bride, team groom or something wedding related.  Those will probably never get worn.
    ROCK IS KING!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards