New York-Long Island

Ceremony Harpist or other musician recomendations?

Trying to find a harpist or other classical live muscian for my May 19th wedding, and the harpist I spoke with was $500 for the hour! I thought that sounded like a lot. Am I wrong?
ANyone have any referrals?

Thx

Re: Ceremony Harpist or other musician recomendations?

• That's the price I was quoted for a live ceremony musician by multiple vendors.  Are you working with a DJ for your reception?  Sometimes they may be able to arrange for live ceremony music for you at a discount if you book through the DJ.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • You could try a school with a good music department, such as Stony Brook. Call the department secretary and see if you can put a flyer on the boards there. Lots of good musicians who would love to work.
  • Miriam Shilling charges $400. And $500 if you want her to do ceremony and cocktail hour.

www.harpist-miriamshilling.com
  • Thanks guys! I will try Stonybrook today and my DJ co is getting back to me with referrals from their ceremony violinist! :-)
  • That is about right for ceremony music cost. We got a good deal on music because we did instrumentals and the DJ through one company.
  • The musician I am using is a classically-trained quartet (clarinet, trumpet, etc). They play beautiful classical music for the ceremony as well as jazz music for the cocktail hour. We have them booked for the entire wedding (4hrs) for $850. So they would definitely be cheaper if you didn't want them for the whole wedding. Let me know if you want more information! (I've heard them perform dozens of times... I used to book them as clients for my job as a program director). Theyre AWESOME! :)
    Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards