New York-New York City

Marina del Rey OR Villa Barone Manor??

Please help! I'm getting married next summer, June/July of 2012. We went to a few places in New Rochelle but then i went to Marina del Rey and Villa Barone Manor this past weekend and fell in love with both of them. It's so hard to make a choose one! We love the view at Marina del Rey but we loved the 'show' at Villa Barone Manor (like the elevator entrace, fireworks, etc) and both places seem great on food. The other thing is that we haven't gone to MR in years (last time i went i was a flower girl) but have been and done many parties at the other Villa Barone in Westchester (VB hilltop) but never been to VB in the Bronx. I'm afraid that it's too played out since we go to the other VB all the time but never that one.

Which one is better?? Does MR do a 'show' or anything special?? Any other places in the area (NY, Westchester, CT, NJ area) besides Villa Barone that does a show like that?

I would really apreciate for some help since i have to go this weekend.

Re: Marina del Rey OR Villa Barone Manor??

• edited December 2011
    My research tells e that Villa Barone in the Bronx is less money than Marina del Rey. So, personally I would go with the cheaper option.  That's just me.  I think that the elevator entrance it pretty cool too if you're into a really grand entrance.  
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Marina and love it more and more everytime I stop by.  I was looking more for a view rather than a show, so Marina won the battle for me. I visited Villa Barone also and yes, it is cheaper.  Make sure you visit each before you decide!
  • rtabbitartabbita member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have experience with Villa Barone.  However, my best friend got married at Marina Del Rey and it was absolutely beautiful. The views and patio from the large room are gorgeous!  As for a show, I think they have a boat which you and your fiance can arrive in.  Not sure if they charge you. (On a side note - if you want a show Russo's on the Bay does a terrific job . . . elevator comes up from the floor, walls opening up, etc.)  The food at MDR was excellent.  And they have a formal food tasting for you and your parents/his parents.  They are not cheap with that!  If it's money - then I think they will work with you.  Let them know you are deciding between them and Villa.  They will prob throw something in.

Happy hunting!
  • AniaNYCAniaNYC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am choosing between same two venues for my September 2012 wedding. I might go with Villa Barone since its cheaper and my guest list hits 200! Plus I like the idea of the elevator entrance; but the views at the Marine, awww!!
    Let me know what you decided on and good luck!

• laur87laur87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know i had the same exact dilema...lol...it's so hard to choose but i ended up choosing Villa Barone!! Inside it's beautiful, the food is really good, it's cheaper and ppl alot more friendlier. I really loved the view but realized that, that was the only point going for it. So i figured i didn't really want to have my guests hanging outside for long times enjoying the view - i want them inside and dancing! lol :) Also, MdelR gave me the room with the view for only cocktail so my guests would only be enjoying it for 1 hour. Also, MdelR seemed very strict with the time - i wanted to pay for extra hour (instead of ending at 11:30 end at 12:30) but didn't allow me to. I recently went back to show some family members and now that i see both i do NOT regret at all my decision. i love Villa Barone and the elevator and fireworks are super cool =). I ended up getting a whole bunch of add-ons for almost the same price.
    Hope this helped and if you want to know anything let me know.
    Also, let me know what you decide =)
  • laur87laur87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I wished that Villa Barone had Marina del Rey's view =)...but i guess it can't have everything!

• edited December 2011

I chose Marina for the view, but I checked out both.  Villa Barone was actually around the same price, so the view sold me.  I hear the Villa Barone upstate is very beautful compared to the Bronx one but the food is so-so there.  Anyway, Good Luck!

Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards