Rhode Island

Glen Manor Brides

Hello,

For anyone who has had a wedding at Glen Manor, have you had any luck extending your reception from 5 to 6 hours?  They seem pretty strict about the 5 hour max.

Also, if we settle on Glen Manor, we plan on using the outside covered terrace for some seating.  Has anyone had a wedding there in the rain?  Is the cover suitable for keeping the rain out?  No leaks?

Thanks for any info!

Re: Glen Manor Brides

• edited December 2011
    I'm not a Glen Manor bride, but regarding your extending the reception, I just wanted to comment that most vendors will tell you 5 hours is plenty, your guests are ready to leave at the end of it. Plus extending means extending everyone. This may seem obvious, but this can incur quite an expense - photographer, music, photos, etc. Just something to consider.
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • CarissaLynn19CarissaLynn19 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice!  That is actually something we came to the realization of this weekend.  An extra hour means more $$ for everything!
  • lusciouslipslusciouslips member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm a Glen Manor bride and Katie and Russell Morin have no problem with me making the reception 6 hours instead of 5. I have until the end of April to decide if we need more time. It would cost a little more, but just wanted to let you know it is completely up to you. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards