Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Cookie Table Containers?

Since the cookie table is just a Pittsburgh thing, I haven't really seen anything about takeout cookie containers on any DIY boards.  All they show are containers for the candy buffet, which don't really work for cookies. I'm trying to decide what kind of container would work best...  I've seen cute glycine bags, but I don't think bags are big enough to hold more than a couple cookies, and judging from my family, I know my guests are going to want to take home a TON of cookies.  Lol.   I was thinking of maybe using large white favor boxes, but I'm not sure that the boxes would be easily stacked once they're assembled (I don't want a mountain of boxes taking up a whole table, so I'm thinking the boxes either need to nest inside of each other easily in stacks, or it needs to be some type of bigger bag).   What have you girls used for your tables??

Re: Cookie Table Containers?

• edited December 2011
    I bought qt. chinese take-out containers from PaperMart.com and dressed them up with stickers. They were pretty cheap too... I think 100 for $28.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • edited December 2011
    I also went the chinese box route.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011
    What about the larger, cellophane bags with twist ties?  I'm thinking of the kind you find filled with goodies from kids b-day parties.  This wouldn't be invasive on the table and probably super cheap.  I will probably go this route myself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure I am going to order (these) Kraft Gable boxes. I am going to snaz them up with custom stickers and maybe a bit of ribbon.
    Awesome preview from our photographer, Caitlin Thomas, featuring flowers created by Paulette, The Urban Gypsy. Photobucket
  • arf3420arf3420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those gable boxes are cute!  I did think of doing those, but I wasn't sure if there would be a way to stack them inside of each other?

And your bulldog is so cute!  We have two english bulldogs, too :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I LOVE bulldogs. Are you guys members of the bulldog meetup group? If not, check it out. We meet up all over the city usually about once a month to let the tanks run around together. Check it out (here).

I'm really hoping the boxes will stack inside of each other. I looked at the tin tie bags on that same site and some other options, but I like the gable boxes the best. I am going to order them next month, so I will report back about the stacking.
    Awesome preview from our photographer, Caitlin Thomas, featuring flowers created by Paulette, The Urban Gypsy. Photobucket
  • arf3420arf3420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We actually have been members of the Bulldog Meetup Group for over a year now... we just have yet to actually make it to a meetup.  Lol.  Our schedules are pretty crazy.... we both work full time and are in grad school.  I definitely hope to make it to one soon though!!  Maybe next month :-)

Definitely please let me know if you are able to stack them!  Those will be perfect if they stack!
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing chinese takeout containters too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Boo - the gable boxes are not stackable! I ordered the ones I linked earlier in the post - the size is perfect but I need to think on how we will display them. I guess they can be left flat and guests can just pop them out. The most "time consuming" part (if 6 seconds can be that) is securing the top, which people would have to do anyway.
  • arf3420arf3420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww, that's disappointing!  I did find white tin tie bags that look like they might work.  The bags can lay flat, but when people pop them open, the bottoms are wide so they should still hold lots of cookies!  I might give that a try...  Thanks for the help! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards