Texas-San Antonio

Budget wedding, anyone?

Hi Knotties... just wondering if anyone has planned or is planning a budget friendly wedding. If you are please let me know about your wedding. I am not from SA and am having some trouble. Thanks for the help!!!

Re: Budget wedding, anyone?

• aledan07aledan07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hello, what exactly do you mean by budget friendly? I am on this website because im palnning a sweet 15 for my niece but i planned by wedding 2 yrs ago and it was VERY budget friendly. i thought it was beautiful and it ended up costing about $8000 total.
  • lui_and_vivilui_and_vivi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your response! Our budget is $10,000 so any information you can share with me would be very helpful. :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok well i kinda negotiated and bargained shopped my way through my wedding. We only hired a wedding planner for last minute details and the day of. we used brandy rendon with unforgettable events and she was absolutely fantastic. i mean she pulled stuff together and worked with us. we didnt have one problem through out the day. she cost us about $800. we also used sabudgetbridal for the cake and that lady (jennifer) also worked with us and even threw in the grooms cake for free. they do flowers too there but so does unforgettable events so we took what we got cheapest from both, haha. my husband made our centerpieces himself because he's very creative. He went around town and gathered tree branches and spray painted them with 14k gold paint and then we gathered them in a vase with marbles and hung crystals from the branches. i looked on craigslist for up and coming photographers and found a lady who did my engagements, bridals, wedding, and trash the dress session all for FREE. she did such a great job. as a matter of fact a saw a few deals like that on craigslist recently. and the catering and linens we got from a certain vendor but she moved locations in san antonio so i have to look for her again but she was so awesome and she worked with our budget. we ended up having a sit down meal with chicken cordon bleu for 150 ppl and the linens we wanted all for about $1200. i know i just wrote a lot but if i think of anything else i'll let you know, haha
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Where did you have your reception?

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we had it at the semenya ballroom but it is now called amora ballroom. it was pretty cheap there but i dont remember the exact price. we chose that site because we could choose how we wanted the tables laid out since their whole floor was basically a dance floor and they have awesome lighting. they also let us serve our own alcohol and have our own catering which was cheapest for us. if you copy and paste the link to my wedding photo album on myspace you can get and idea of what everything looked like.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=61305885&albumId=2285335
  • KatshiaKatshia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're planning ours with the honeymoon under 8k, so far going amazing. One major hint, craigslist!! I found a freelance photographer looking to build his portfolio willing to do our pictures for $100, and a DJ for $150. Just make sure they have plenty expirence in there fields, and reffrences are always great. And for flowers, if you can do them yourself! I'm geting 100 roses for about $150 at Travis's flower shop and were putting together all of the floral arangements. Saving us alot of money :) Help that helps some what!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aledan,
    Your pictures are beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing :)

Katshia- thanks for the info. Where will your reception take place? who is catering??
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure what type of venue you are wanting, but you can rent the Leon Valley Community Center for $850 on a Saturday.  I haven't gone to see it in person, but there are pictures online.  I might have considered it if I hadn't already booked our venue before I found it.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok i just came from an appointment with a possible venue and i think this is the one i want for my niece's party. Its the San Pedro Village Event Center. The venue is for 6 hours on a saturday. The catering is provided so for the place and catering of 100 ppl it was a total of $3435. It has two spare rooms to get ready in or things of that nature, all china dinnerware and linens are provided, and they have a really nice lighting system. They also give you a choice to serve the kids something different if you want to lower your cost.
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like you're getting a lot of great advice! I cant tell you how much craigslist has helped me. I'm getting married in Austin on a 10K budget (which is a lot harder than I thought!)....craigslist has been awesome! People are definitely willing to bargain with you. Lucky for me, my sister is very creative and is making a lot of my stuff....but it's easy to find crafty people like her on craigslist for a small fee. You could always post a wanted ad if you want anything specific! I got a second photographer for $100 and I was overwhelmed with responses! Ask and you shall receive (most of the time). Good luck! :)
    My Bio - From beginning to end, see how I planned my wedding on my Bio Website! "There will be a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards