Maine

Nail Salon - general nail questions

So after a lifetime of living in NYC and surrounding area I am totally spoiled to always being able to find a nail salon.  Since I'm getting married in Kennebunkport I need to find a good one up there.  Any suggestions?

Also, as for wedding nails...I may sound nuts in this but when do you get them done?  I'm getting married Saturday evening but I won't really have time to get them done that day?

And what do you go with ladies?  I never wear false nails so it seems strange to do so.  I usually wear dark purple/browns in the winter and  bright orange/pink in the summer.  Clearly not wedding appropriate.  What are you all doing?

And yes, I just wrote about three paragraphs about fingernails.  We can all laugh at me....now!

Re: Nail Salon - general nail questions

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will probably go the morning before to get mine done.  I almost never get my nails done, but I'll be getting a mani and a pedi just so everything looks nice.  I'll probably do a french manicure because I don't like the look of nail polish, and I'll get a shade of blue on my toes that is similar to my blue accent color. 

I can't help you with Kennebunk salons though.  I'm not familar with the area.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Good question, I am thinking about the same thing at Kennebunkport.  I thought about getting my nail done on Web night in NYC before I leave for Thursday.  But they may not look as nice.  But I don't want to chance that I can't find any place i like. 
  • edited December 2011
    My place is too far for you ladies in Kennebunkport (The Waterfront Day Spa in Bucksport), although I do think they do a nice job, so you could consider seeing if they will travel and at what cost.  I will be getting mine done probably Thursday evening for my Sunday wedding.  I am going to get a pale pink shellac; I got it done a few weeks ago (first manicure in 10+ years) and it stayed pretty for nearly a week, so I think I will be fine.  I am going to get a darker pink (still shellac) on my toes (my first pedicure). 
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got this in my email this morning from Groupon.  What do you know?  It's a salon and day spa in Kennebunk!  Even if you're not interested in this deal, here's a place to have your nails done when you're here in Maine for your wedding!

http://www.groupon.com/deals/all-seasons-salon?utm_campaign=all-seasons-salon&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&c=button&addx=cheer_coach01@yahoo.com&utm_content=portland-me_inter&user=cheer_coach01@yahoo.com&d=deal&s=featured_deal&divison=portland-me&date=20110223
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'll probably do a french mani and pedi the day before with any of my girls who want to do their nails.  I've been to weddings before where the bride wants everyone to get their nails done in the same color and style and all.  Are you doing that?  I want to offer the opportunity, but some have nails, others don't and I don't want to have to pay for everyone if they don't want it.
    As for where .... I'm getting married in Freeport and have no idea where to find an affordable salon.  I used to live where you could get a mani for $12 - around here it seems to be $25 and up!  Yikes!!!  Any good, clean and cheap places in the Portland area??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • meganyanimeganyani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married on a Sunday and we had our nails done on Friday morning. Just worked out easier that way.

Also, who cares about the color? I had a medium tone blue-ish purple because I liked it. I don't like the normal nail colors/fake nails. Get what you like! It's an accent piece, right? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards