Getting in Shape

Mashed Cauliflower Recipes

Does anyone have any healthy recipes for mashed cauliflower? 

I like the idea of using it as an alternative to mashed potatoes and couscous, but every recipe I've found ends up being higher-calorie than regular potatoes because of the cheese, buttermilk, and cream cheese everyone tosses in. :(

I'm okay with using a little milk, garlic, and butter, like I do with regular potatoes.

Re: Mashed Cauliflower Recipes

• Oooh, I love cauliflower, so I'm interested in hearing recipes too.  :D
  • I mash it with a little bit of olive oil.  Just add a little at a time until you get the consistency you want.  I add a bit of pepper to it and some times a little garlic and its awesome!  FI loves it and until he met me he only ate cauliflower with cheese on it. 

Try http://fatsecret.com/ they have a lot of recipes and it lists the calories, fat etc..... I plan my weekly meals with this website and we have found a lot of favorites!  

Enjoy!
    Love isn't finding a perfect person. It's seeing an imperfect person perfectly. ~ Sam Keen
  • Thank you!
  • I would also suggest trying mashed lima beans. When you cook them for a long time they get so mushy, you don't need ANY milk, cream, butter, etc to make them nice and whipped.. I will add a little milk just for the flavoring, as well as things like garlic, onion, etc. It's amazing, and legumes are great for you. 
  • I just steam it, then whip it with my immersion blender! I add a little butter or cream depending on what I have in the fridge. 
  • Ok, so this isn't mashed cauliflower, but roasted cauliflower has been my newest *not* guilty pleasure.

Just rough chop a head of cauliflower and roast it with salt and pepper and olive oil until it is brown on the edges.  Once it comes out I add some lemon zest.  It is sooooo yummy!

I bet that if you added some roasted cauliflower to regular boiled cauliflower and turned it into mashed cauliflower it would be extra good.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Rachel Ray's recipe isn't bad, and it's soooo delicious.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_mashed-cauliflower-recipes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:138c9d16-b6b1-4dcd-872d-a0e184ecb8c1Post:fec02a80-1d3d-4929-8a27-cb16e516333d">Re: Mashed Cauliflower Recipes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so this isn't mashed cauliflower, but roasted cauliflower has been my newest *not* guilty pleasure. Just rough chop a head of cauliflower and roast it with salt and pepper and olive oil until it is brown on the edges.  Once it comes out I add some lemon zest.  It is sooooo yummy! I bet that if you added some roasted cauliflower to regular boiled cauliflower and turned it into mashed cauliflower it would be extra good.
    Posted by soon2bejp[/QUOTE]
    That does sound good. :)
  • crb2013crb2013 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I just tried this for the first time on Monday and honestly I thought it was disgusting. I'll to stick to my mashed potatoes :/ Blahh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards