Connecticut

Plus size wedding dresses

Hi everyone!
Where should I look for a nice selection of plus size dresses? 

Re: Plus size wedding dresses

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

There are always mixed reviews about David's Bridal--but give it a shot. When I went out with one of my BM's (who is plus size) when she got married-there was a great variety--and she was really happy with the selection!

GL!

~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • quiltedinkyquiltedinky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on the size you're looking for I had good luck at the Bridal Mall in Niantic. Also I was VERY impressed with Love Me Too Times in Taftville (Norwich). I was looking at 20W. I also had good luck for selection at David's Bridal in Manchester.

The Bridal Mall and David's Bridal are brand new dresses. Love me too times is a consignment shop with gently used dresses. I saw dresses there that go for a couple thousand dollars being sold a fraction of the price. I was also pleased to see that they had more bodice styles and dresses with sleeves instead of mostly strapless. The dresses didn't look dated either.
    Hope this helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal Bells in Berlin has some great selections, and a alterations team that can do just about anything.
  • edited December 2011
    Great! Thanks for the suggestions! Although I hope to do some shedding before the wedding (LOL) I'm sure that I'll still need one.
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure where you live, but there is a small boutique (wedding consignment shop) on main street in Glastonbury and I noticed that they have a long wall of plus-sized gowns, many of them were designer and discounted prices.  I didn't end up buying my gown there but the service is great and the woman who works there is so friendly!
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Davids Bridal, a lot of the dresses can be ordered in the plus sizes also it may just cost $100 more. I got a plus size dress and I can tell you that they are just as pretty as the regular sizes, not matronly at all (depending on what you are looking for). Good luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards