Georgia-Atlanta

HELP reception venues near lawrenceville GA

hello I need some help we need a reception hall for a saturday in july 2012, 200 people and our budget is $10000. I am new to GA so I have no idea where to begin looking
I want all the decor to be included I am open to having outside caterer
 thanks for your help

Re: HELP reception venues near lawrenceville GA

• em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Little Gardens in Lilburn (I think, not far from L'ville though). They may be more pricey than you want though. 

You can also look at some local country clubs, like Hamilton Mill (Dacula-ish, not far). As far as "wedding venues" I don't really know of any in Lawrenceville, and I went to Central Gwinnett High smack in the middle of L'ville. I'd also look into the Carl House (Auburn/Dacula-ish, not too far though). Chateu Elan is also not that far, but it can be very pricey and I think more than $10,000 unless you have a very small guest list. 

If you are dead set on getting married in Lawrenceville specifically, you'd probably have to go with a church. You could also think off beat and get married at a football field if you and FI are big football fans (Central has a castle!!!)

April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • jjgoodinjjgoodin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Windermere Golf Club in Cumming, which is only about 20 minutes away from Lawrenceville. It's got a beautiful outdoor ceremony setting. I have seen a lot of peopel getting married at the Lawrenceville Courthouse in downtown Lawrenceville also.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out 550 Trackside. It's in Lawrenceville and absolutely gorgeous!!! I had a friend get married there. Loved it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 309 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 125 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are driving me crazy!
  • keza1983keza1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you ladies I will check those places out,  I think we can travel up to 50 miles at this point just so we get more options
  • edited December 2011
    I think there's some place named Eleven Fifteen events near Discover Mills also.  I haven't been there, so I'm sorry I can't tell you more about it.

A friend of mine had a beautiful reception at the Marriott on Pleasant Hill also.  I just wanted to put it out there.
  • rb154042rb154042 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The old historical courthouse!! It is absolutly gorgeous!
  • chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

200 people for $10K, you might have some issues with that?  Is that for everything, or just the reception?

When I was looking, I really liked KTN Ballroom in Duluth.  You can BYOB (and hire bartenders) and it's reasonable.  You can bring in your own caterers too.  I also liked Winfield Hall in Duluth becuase it's a set price for everything.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

well, this one is IN Lawrenceville, looks pretty nice!
    http://550trackside.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kbarnes37kbarnes37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Flint Hill.  It is in Norcross, but not far from Lawrenceville at all.  I don't know what style venue you are looking for but it is an old mansion and has an outdoor, garden type area for ceremony.  They do all catering and floral work on site, which has been a HUGE help to me.  They also provide you with a wedding coordinator to help keep things in order on the day of your wedding.  Good Luck Laughing
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there!

Check out Four Oaks Manor in Buford. It is right off of exit 120 on I-85. Their website is www.simple-gatherings.net although the photos on there do not do the venue justice. I'd recommend a visit. The staff is really nice too and easy to work with. And I believe they are within your price range. There are also some photos of the venue on my website... www.rebeccabunch.com . It is the venue with the rustic smokehouse and the red barn doors. Very pretty! Best of luck to you!

~ Rebecca
  • edited December 2011
    Tucker Plantation in Colbert.  That's not too far.  
  • laurapaicelaurapaice member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Little Gardens. Loved it.
  • edited December 2011
    I'll private message you some ideas. I've been planning for a while and know where and what a lot of places are all about and pricing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards