• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Ohio-Toledo

Bridesmaid Hair Pricing

If you were a bridesmaid in a wedding, what do you think is a reasonable price to pay to have your hair professionally done?  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Bridesmaid Hair Pricing

• rak123rak123 member
    2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Is my poll working? I can't see it.  If not, just post your answers. :) 
  • edited December 2011

I voted 41-50, but I think even up to 60 is reasonable.  I guess though this depends on your wedding and your girls.  If you have girls who aren't used to getting primped or paying a lot to get their hair done, even $40 may be a lot for them.   If you are trying to choose a place to have the bridal party get their hair done I would choose a place at the lower end (like $30-40) so everyone can definitely afford it.  If you want to go somewhere that costs more, you could get your BMs a giftcard to that place to defray the cost.  I was in a wedding and the bride got us gift cards to get our hair and makeup done.  She didn't pick anywhere expensive to go, but it was still appreciated because being a BM can get really expensive!

Sorry for rambling a bit!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was curious about this.. I heard that if you are "requiring" your BMs to have their hair done then you (the bride) needs to pay for it. Is this what everyone has heard/experienced?

I figured I'll tell my BMs that they can do their hair how they want but I'll have a stylist available if they are interested in having their hair done. If that's the case I would assume they pay for it then (obviously it would be a stylist within a reasonable price range and nothing too $$$$). Does that sound right?

I also like the idea of giving a giftcard to help with the cost...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have been in six weddings, had my hair done for every one of them, and paid at least $50 for each updo (except for one wedding, where the bride paid). Not all of these were in Toledo, granted, but I think for an updo in most salons you should expect to pay about $40-50, depending on how long your hair is and what you want done. I definitely feel that like that is a high cost, and I kinda choked a little each time, but to me that's part of the fun being in a wedding-- spending time with the bride and other girls while you are getting hair/nails/etc. done. However, I will say that each bride gave us the option of getting our hair done, and told us the price ahead of time. If I really didn't want to spend the money I wouldn't have.

I was planning on having my cousins (who are hair stylists) come to my hotel suite the morning of my wedding to do everyone's hair, and I would pay so the girls don't have to. That way we can have snacks and some adult beverages as well :)

HTH!
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Bridesmaid Hair Pricing:
    [QUOTE]I was curious about this..I heard that if you are "requiring" your BMs to have their hair done then you (the bride) needs to pay for it.Is this what everyone has heard/experienced? I figured I'll tell my BMs that they can do their hair how they want but I'll have a stylist available if they are interested in having their hair done. If that's the case I would assume they pay for it then (obviously it would be a stylist within a reasonable price range and nothing too $$$$). Does that sound right? I also like the idea of giving a giftcard to help with the cost...
    Posted by AllysOop[/QUOTE]

This.  Totally this.  I wanted my ladies to have updos, I paid for it.  If it is optional and you just want to let your ladies know in case they want it done, I would expect $50 plus tip.  We went to JC Penney and I think I paid very close to $50 per person.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with all PP, if you are requiring it you need to pay.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • rak123rak123 member
    2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Okie doke, thanks!

I have been a bridesmaid 8 times, and I have paid all different amounts for hair...from $25 up to $65.  But, I have never been a bridesmaid in this area, so I was curious.  The salon that we are looking at quoted us $45 a person, with the bride being free.  Looks like I am in the correct price range then. 

Thanks all for the input.  And I won't be requiring everyone to get their hair done, but I know most will want to! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards