Vermont

August or October? Help!

Hi All
We're planning to get married at Sugarbush- we were hoping for a September wedding, but since that is all booked we have to choose between Aug 13 or Oct 8 (columbus day weekend).
I know August can be hot and Spetember can be cold, and Columbus day weekend is crowded with leaf peepers..but I do love the idea of a fall wedding. I just wish it was a week or 2 earlier.
Has anyone gotten married there or from the area (Im in Boston, so I have a general idea of the weather there but a local opinion will be really helpful!)
Thanks so much!

Re: August or October? Help!

• edited December 2011
    October.....August is hot and muggy.  I would take the crowd and cold anyday.
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely October. Even if it's raining you'll have a gorgeous backdrop.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    October for sure. Waitsfield is nothing compared to Stowe in terms of crowds. August is beautiful here too but hot.
  • VTBride10VTBride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oct. 8 was beautiful this year but it could go either way. As long as you have an indoor ceremony option you'll be fine. The only other thing to consider is hotel rooms will cost more and there may be a 2 or even 3 night minimum with the holiday and foliage season.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
    Even though October would be absolutely beautiful, we ended up going with August because it was easier for some family members, and lodging will be easier for our guests. VTBride is right- hotels are at a premium and all had at least a 2 night minimum.  We felt bad asking our guests to pay that much for lodging when all of them will be travelling to our wedding.
    So- fingers crossed for a non-muggy, non-buggy, sunny in the 70's kind of day!!
    Thanks again :)

• yella726yella726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm a little late to this conversation (ok, about 2 months too late, haha!), but I'm in a similar situation. My fiance and I are looking to get married at Sugarbush but are going back and forth between Sept 30 and Oct 7 of 2012. We're from NY so it would be quite a hike for our guests (approx. 5 hrs), so we're not sure if doing a Saturday wedding at the end of September or a Sunday wedding on Columbus Day Wknd would be better. I know the Oct weekend would give ppl more time to drive up on Saturday and then head home on Monday, but would at all rushed to do it on a regualr weekend? Sigh. Confused.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards