Plus-Sized

He hates my dress

So, major bummer here.
I happened to be browsing dresses with a friend of mine who is engaged.  We were flipping through pictures and my dress came up, he was sitting in the room so he saw it (we had the tv hooked to the laptop with the s video cable) and he actually said "oh yeah!!! get that one!!!" in a sarcastic tone. "that's real weird looking...whats up with the bottom of it, why's it look like that"
I was heartbroken, he hasnt seen me in the dress nor does he know thats the dress I bought.  I'm sure no matter what I wear he will think I'm beautiful but I'm a little butt-hurt.  I should probably just stop whining and get over it, but the idea that the place where i bought my dress will let me exchange it if I want something else is tempting me.

What do you all think?
my_wedding_original Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: He hates my dress

• They are BOTH beautiful on you! I'm a sucker for a sweetheart neckline, but the one on the right gives you more of an hour glass figure! Either one would be a winner!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just so you know, my fiance looked over my shoulder at this, and he said:
    "Whatever, you're gonna wear it and you're gonna look beautiful in it and he's going to shut up, because it's your day!" lol. I just thought I'd share that. also, I like the dress you chose. Ruffles! When he sees you he is going to be stunned.
  • Aww thanks!! And Enid..tell your fiance i say thanks too!

I'm torn because I was going to make the one on the right a sweetheart neckline. OH well, I'll probably just end up tossing a coin because I cannot decide.

Thanks again to all of you lovely ladies!!
    my_wedding_original Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like the one on the left!
  • I like the one on the left too!
    Anniversary
  • Why don't you ask him?  Flip through a magazine, show him a couple of pics and then ask"What if you hated my dress?".  

After I had bought my dress, my FI said that he wanted me in a more fitted dress....exactly the opposite of what I got.  When I told him and asked him if I should get a different dress - he said no.  I showed him a pic of a dress similar to mine and he liked it.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Personally, I like the one on the right. But do what you feel best about- I agree he probably will forget all about the magazine picture, etc. He isn't going to be looking at the dress, but You in the dress.

BUT if it is going to stress you out wondering if he'll hate it... exchange it.
  • I think you should make the on the right a sweetheart and then it will be perfect!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wow, that is a bit of a bummer.  but to make you feel better.. my best friend went to a wedding with her then fiance and the girl getting married was wearing her dress.  she asked her fiance what he thought of it and he said, "its ok. not my favorite."  she panicked about it of course but decided to keep her dress anyway.  then their wedding came and he loved her dress and kept telling her how fantastic she looked in it.  he had no memory of seeing it before on another bride and saying anything bad about it. guys usually don't hold those kind of thoughts in their head for very long.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_he-hates-my-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:3402a7ec-8d55-492f-9223-ae2c4ffdfbaePost:a6957c2c-bbfb-4e22-8642-d0c20eb587e2">Re: He hates my dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]wow, that is a bit of a bummer.  but to make you feel better.. my best friend went to a wedding with her then fiance and the girl getting married was wearing her dress.  she asked her fiance what he thought of it and he said, "its ok. not my favorite."  she panicked about it of course but decided to keep her dress anyway.  then their wedding came and he loved her dress and kept telling her how fantastic she looked in it.  he had no memory of seeing it before on another bride and saying anything bad about it. guys usually don't hold those kind of thoughts in their head for very long.
    Posted by LuckyGirl1713[/QUOTE]
    Truth be known he probably didnt want to say that he liked the other girls wedding dress beause he didn't want to make her upset.  Just playing down how he felt because he did not know what BFF would be wearing and how he would feel about her dress.
  • you are going to be beautiful... stick with the one that you got! it's the one that you liked that most i am assuming? if htat's the case..the day of the wedding, you are going to glow like no other day! and when your fiance see's you.... he will think you are stunning and shining in the dress that YOU LOVED!and remember the age old saying.... you won't know who it looks until you put it on!
    Your fiance won't know how it looks on you.. until your magical day!!!

dont' worry! you will be beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards